• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

President Trump is building a new Republican Party

I'm still waiting for the first explanation from anyone (from the right or left) telling me why, as a progressive liberal coastal urban elite myself, I should be concerned about the future of the views I hold when the Democrat won the popular vote by three million votes, got more votes overall for the Senate, and won a sizable chunk of the House votes when the current demographic shift is towards an increase in minorities who vote overwhelmingly for democrat/liberal causes.

That's not to say that ideologies and parties can't attract new people under their umbrella, but to the extent that the argument is "the 2016 election shows Democrats are dead and they just haven't fallen down" I don't see it at all.

You should be concerned because current efforts at voter suppression and gerrymandering will look like child's play compared to the "alternative facts" coming out of the 2020 census.

Having a narrow and growing majority is only helpful in a system of government that at least somewhat resembles a democracy. Our systems, both at the state and now national level are in danger of no longer meeting that basic criteria.

Except there is no evidence of Donald Trump ever supporting the "little guy". To the contrary, there are thousands of lawsuits against Trump for screwing tons of "little guys". In Vegas, he paid his employees 20% less than other properties do. He's refused to US American steel in his properties, because it costs more. Standard operating procedures at Trump properties is to steal tips and caused a class action suit against Trump which he lost.

Any "little guy" who thinks Trump has, had or ever will have cared about the "little guy" is delusional.

And Hillary was for women & children? All she was for was the Clinton Foundation and staying out of jail.

And Hillary was for women & children? All she was for was the Clinton Foundation and staying out of jail.

Clinton isn't the President of the United States. Trump won, so his supporters can stop talking about who would have been POTUS instead.

Sure. I know she sucked. But come on. She didn't call Mexicans rapists and say she was going to build a wall. It wasn't like she offended them. How is it that Trump could obtain a greater percentage of these voters than Romney?

Hillary just offended every single person in West Virginia, every single coal worker, thus making enemies of rust belters in western PA, Ohio & Michigan, which is where she lost the election--mainly in the center of America. And not in the 3 biggest cities and by bringing in Beyoncé for concerts[she already had those states won and offended the rest]

Back