• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

President's Cup

Bill doing most of the heavy lifting thus far. Other than the first hole, which he won, Webb has had ball in pocket on several holes. Team 2 up through 14. US up in 5/6.

Webb has 4 birdies.

Webb and Bill are -10 through 15 holes. Scott and Matsuyama are -8.

Great match.

I didn't catch all Webb's birdies, I was just looking at the scores on holes won. If your partner holes a put to win the hole, do you putt out? I'm guessing not. That could account for some of the holes with no score for Webb.

I didn't catch all Webb's birdies, I was just looking at the scores on holes won. If your partner holes a put to win the hole, do you putt out? I'm guessing not. That could account for some of the holes with no score for Webb.

That's correct.

Huge chip-in by Scott followed by a birdie by Matsuyama. Webb hit a really bad tee shot on 16. AS now.

It's really funny watching Tiger interact with other players. They just roll their eyes at him but are afraid to say anything since he's a spiteful son of a bitch.

Love it. So Brandel, golf needs Tiger and Phil looking miserable together rather than that?

I kinda doubt Brandel has ever had fun doing anything in his life.

Great match with Bill & Webb tying a tough pair. Looks like what Price did was put out his best 3 pairings 1st and did get 2.5 points out of them. Our depth is just much better than their, though. Ernie missing that 4'er hurt their chances at a half point. Kinda happy to see Shrek and Charl beat Mickelson.

Chamblee is such a goon, I can't stand him. That said, at least someone in the media doesn't buy into the Tiger worship. Tiger will continue to win 4-6 events/year for the next 5 years. I hope Rory, Spieth, Scott or some combination keep him from winning majors. Tiger is slime.

Spieth is a boss. How you go from 800+ in the world to this level so quickly is beyond me.

Why break up the WFU team? Of course, the Tiger/Kuch team must stay intact even though they didn't play nearly as well. I guess if you find someone Tiger will smile and make happy with you can't go away from that. The Fresh Prince stuff got a bit old I thought. Grandstanding and rubbing it in a bit.

Unlike the euros in the Ryder Cup, I have a hard time rooting against anyone on the international team.

Chamblee is such a goon, I can't stand him. That said, at least someone in the media doesn't buy into the Tiger worship. Tiger will continue to win 4-6 events/year for the next 5 years. I hope Rory, Spieth, Scott or some combination keep him from winning majors. Tiger is slime.

I dont know why, but seeing Caturday talk about Rory and Spieth reminded me of this gem...

http://www.ogboards.com/forums/showthread.php/10116-Will-Augusta-National-Get-Its-First-Female-Member/page4?highlight=spieth

Why break up the WFU team? Of course, the Tiger/Kuch team must stay intact even though they didn't play nearly as well. I guess if you find someone Tiger will smile and make happy with you can't go away from that. The Fresh Prince stuff got a bit old I thought. Grandstanding and rubbing it in a bit.

I'd rather break up a team that halved a match and lost 3 of their last 4 holes than break up one that won 5 & 4, and so would anyone else if you stripped the names and biases away.

Webb and Bill played great (-9 thru 14) and so did Tiger and Kuch (-8 thru 14).

I realize Webb and Bill were 2 under on their last 4 holes, but they may be a little down after losing that 2 up lead with 4 to play.

Foursomes is a different animal: so far I trust Couples, Love and J. Haas know what they are doing.

I'd rather break up a team that halved a match and lost 3 of their last 4 holes than break up one that won 5 & 4, and so would anyone else if you stripped the names and biases away.

Webb and Bill played great (-9 thru 14) and so did Tiger and Kuch (-8 thru 14).

I realize Webb and Bill were 2 under on their last 4 holes, but they may be a little down after losing that 2 up lead with 4 to play.

Foursomes is a different animal: so far I trust Couples, Love and J. Haas know what they are doing.

Matsuyama hit it to a foot on the last hole I believe. Scott chipped in before that from a ridiculous place. Both teams played their asses off. You don't break that up.

It sounded like you were making the case to break Woods/Kuchar up instead. You said they didn't play "nearly as well" (they were -8 thru 14 vs. -9 thru 14) and they won their match convincingly. You don't break up a team that wins 5 & 4 either.

My guess is you will see Bill & Webb together again in four ball tomorrow.

You could make the case that all 6 teams should stay the same, but saying Tiger/Kuchar should be broken up makes no sense.

Last edited:
Unlike the euros in the Ryder Cup, I have a hard time rooting against anyone on the international team.

agreed...I like the patriotism of U-S-A and winning and all that, but golf has become so international. Most of these guys are solid golfers and seemingly good guys. No really apparent D Bags

Back