• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Press Conference: 6 PM on Tuesday, 6:30 "Mann The Quad"

Thought he really got comfortable in the last 4 or 5 minutes of the presser. The part when he was talking about his ACL injuries and how he changed his game prep accordingly was impressive. Also, the part where he discusses knowing how each player feels because he played every role at some point in his career was good.

We are going to be so good again. I can't wait for next season. Sky is the limit.

Impressive press conference! He is winsome, articulate and believable Yet he is reserved, which I take to mean that he doesn't rely on rhetoric to convince people that he knows what he is doing. He made those who asked the questions comfortable by giving respectful responses.

I think he will do public relations well.

For a school that nailed it more often than not during the athletic heyday a decade ago, it's pretty startling to see Wake continually fall on its face in matters of marketing and communications nowadays. WTF happened?

budget cuts to pay for coach buyouts and Premier's presence

we rely heavily on slave labor...uh...I mean unpaid interns

Kenny Beck just tweeted that DM is holding a practice tomorrow to get a better feel for the players and for them to understand how he operates.

Impressive press conference! He is winsome, articulate and believable Yet he is reserved, which I take to mean that he doesn't rely on rhetoric to convince people that he knows what he is doing. He made those who asked the questions comfortable by giving respectful responses.

I think he will do public relations well.

I don't think there will EVER be any doubt that Danny Manning knows basketball and offers experiences that will inspire kids. His resume of basketball is impeccable.

My only concern is him being able to effectively assemble a qualified staff and his ability to recruit us back to prominence. We're MILES ahead of where we were with ol' redacted.

I don't think there will EVER be any doubt that Danny Manning knows basketball and offers experiences that will inspire kids. His resume of basketball is impeccable.

My only concern is him being able to effectively assemble a qualified staff and his ability to recruit us back to prominence. We're MILES ahead of where we were with ol' redacted.

I'm hoping he gives something we may never have possessed as a program: a distinct advantage in recruiting big men!

Did Wellman take a public speaking class where he learned that weird hand thing he does nonstop? He always looks like he's putting a wedding ring on.

Just watched it. Not sure how anyone could say this was a disaster. Pretty apparent the guy has thought about the game quite a bit. Said all the right things imo.

Just watched it. Not sure how anyone could say this was a disaster. Pretty apparent the guy has thought about the game quite a bit. Said all the right things imo.

I thought the same. I think the confusion is between the press conference, which was quite good, and the quad Q&A which apparently was a disaster because of a poor sound system.

I thought the press conference was very good. I was impressed with Manning's answers.

You're getting confused with the Quad event, which largely fell short because of the poor sound system. The press conference was just fine.

It's been previously mentioned but for a good run down on Manning's thoughts (press conference, quad event, media interview), read Kenny Beck's twitter feed
https://twitter.com/kennybeckWXII

(for twitter novices, the feed is from newest to oldest so scroll down and read upwards if you want to read in "proper" order)

Back