• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Presumably OFFICIAL 2016/17 Premier League

I'm still not sure if the QPR players knew they were safe or not.

Would've been fascinating to see how things would've turned out if they knew they needed a point to stay up

Very true.

Did you watch it today? What was very cool about it was that they had footage of supporters in the stands and elsewhere, which they showed along with current day interviews. One father was there with his (I'd guess) 8 year old son, who is obviously 13-ish now. Many of the players were interviewed, too, which was interesting even for a non-City fan like myself. I'd forgotten the atrocious perm Joe Hart sported that season.

I'm still not sure if the QPR players knew they were safe or not.

Would've been fascinating to see how things would've turned out if they knew they needed a point to stay up

Joey Barton didn't care, of course. What a fucking tool. Good riddance.

I don't want this season to end. This has been consistently the most fun I have ever had watching football.

Harry Kane scored more goals than Middlesbrough this season. Spurs scored more since Thursday than they did since Christmas.

I don't want this season to end. This has been consistently the most fun I have ever had watching football.

I'm excited for it to end. The Lukaku saga will be over soon and I'll also not have to hear about Harry Kane again for another three months.

I kid, I kid.

Kane changed his game a lot this season - he was not nearly as involved in build up play as he used to be, he's not dropping nearly as deep into the channels for example, and his number of passes per game and other similar stats have dropped. He's playing almost exclusively as the tip of the spear now, depending on Eriksen and the rest to feed him but generating more goals by always being around the box now.

I've never seen a PL striker as ruthless and hungry as he was after he came back from injury around Christmas. He scored 4 hat tricks in that time and 26(!) goals in all competitions since Christmas. I'm not sure even Shearer had a 5 month stretch quite like that. And he scored goals every way possible - left foot (he had totally left footed hat trick!), right foot, headers, tap ins and outside the box rockets. That 2nd half of the season was the best I've ever seen a striker play in the PL, right up there with the best periods from Henry, RVP, RVN, Shearer, etc. Absolutely unbelievable to watch.

DAXZqE6XYAEwR0_.jpg

"Stat: Manchester United never finished lower than third under Sir Alex Ferguson, but have now ended seventh, fourth, fifth and sixth in the past four seasons."

That's pretty damn impressive.

"Stat: Manchester United never finished lower than third under Sir Alex Ferguson, but have now ended seventh, fourth, fifth and sixth in the past four seasons."

He was utterly amazing. We'll never see anything like it again.

Reactions: ONW
Spurs season wrap up video. Without a doubt this is the best Spurs team in my entire lifetime, and I'm sad this season had to come to an end. The future is bright, but there's something about those first couple of years of a young team which are the best - they might improve from here, might win trophies, etc ... but I doubt it will be quite as much fun as this season was.:

Recorded and just watched "Noisy Neighbours," NBCSN's one hour documentary about the final game of the 2011-12 season and City's league triumph in stoppage time. They did a good job with it. What a day that was.

Worst. Mother's Day. EVER.

GOAT

Worst. Mother's Day. EVER.

I vaguely remember sitting in my car at BB&T in Clemmons during State Cup weekend, listening and losing my shit as it transpired. That's how you'll know soccer has really made it in America: when people stop looking at you funny when you lose your shit after at PL goal is scored. ;)

I vaguely remember sitting in my car at BB&T in Clemmons during State Cup weekend, listening and losing my shit as it transpired. That's how you'll know soccer has really made it in America: when people stop looking at you funny when you lose your shit after at PL goal is scored. ;)

My mom, wife, sister (and her fam) were already at the lake. Dad and I had stayed behind to watch the final slate of matches. He had to come get me to drive out there. I was distraught. #sportsmakepeoplecrazy

Reminds me of the Chelsea-Bayern CL final. My parents were visiting (was it WFU graduation weekend, '12?) and my dad and I were killing time watching it while my mom and sister were out shopping or something. We're both big sports fans but he was like... I don't know what this is and why are you shaking?

my dad loves soccer and is a casual Man United and Everton fan (don't ask how he squares that in his head)

It's extremely impressive, but they left out the part about never finishing lower than third in the Premier League. He did finish lower than third in 1986-87 (11th), 1988-89 (11th), 1989-90 (13th), and 1990-91 (6th).

It's extremely impressive, but they left out the part about never finishing lower than third in the Premier League. He did finish lower than third in 1986-87 (11th), 1988-89 (11th), 1989-90 (13th), and 1990-91 (6th).

Wenger? Is that you?

Back