• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Prime Time and the Colorado Football Experiment

TheAbster

Reaction score
I very much like Deion, primarily because he played for the Braves. But I also respect his amazing athletic accomplishments. He and Bo Jackson pulled off something almost impossible at the professional level. To not only play but exceed in two sports professionally is nothing short of incredible.

Having said this, the Colorado program is going one of two directions... quickly. It will either be an enormous success or a colossal failure within 1-2 years.

I'm interested in the board's thoughts. I honestly am not sure what to make of it but I find some of these videos more than interesting.

Can he coach at this level? Will his mental approach to all of this work?

Success or failure, it will be declared an obvious result in retrospect. No one will be surprised.

i like deion too

and i am still not sure how it will go

i'm a little worried that he may rely too heavily on his kid at QB

I have no idea if he can coach at this level but CO is a dumpster fire, rock bottom and needs the energy and exposure Dion brings. You can’t buy the type of media attention he’s bringing them. That alone elevates the program. He needed a CO situation and they needed him.

As to massive violation; seriously wtf is a massive violation in today’s college sports?

In a previous era who knows, but now in the Wild Wild West he’ll probably capitalize on the advantages better than most.

This is the perfect time for a celebrity coach and a Pac-12 job is ideal given the state of that conference. We'll see if Deion can capitalize on it.

They went 1-11 last year. How much more of a failure can they be? If he wins 2 games this season, its an improvement. When he went into the locker room after he got hired and told the players there they should transfer, because he is bringing in guys who can play at this level, he was not lying. With the transfers and the recruiting alone, there should be a marked improvement. Even if you say Deion is a recruiter and not a great X's and O's coach, he has brought in some quality staff to assist him.

I think for 1-2 years he will be successful, making a bowl game will be successful. Long term success is a different question. In Colorado's mind this is someone who gets them back to relevancy, and that by itself would be success for them.

Well, he puts butts in seats. I'll give the guy that much! A sold-out spring game? Really?

But when you go back and look at the amount of shit he has gotten away with, and the total lack of consequences, it’s something to behold.

One big thing I have noticed about his recruiting so far is that he is filling up with big ego transfers expecting playing time, and a whole lot of those dudes are going to transfer right back out when they don’t make the depth chart. I can see Deion winning big his first season, but I don’t think he’s going to be developing guys over there, it’s going to be a transfer turnstile.

One big thing I have noticed about his recruiting so far is that he is filling up with big ego transfers expecting playing time, and a whole lot of those dudes are going to transfer right back out when they don’t make the depth chart. I can see Deion winning big his first season, but I don’t think he’s going to be developing guys over there, it’s going to be a transfer turnstile.

Maybe. But that could be a winning formula. Conventional wisdom used to be that teams need to develop a QB over time. But we’ve seen plenty of transfer QBs start immediately and win.

Shadeur Sanders is a Junior, so he's operating on a short timeline. I don't see Colorado making a bowl game this year.

And a transfer quarterback can absolutely be successful if put into a good situation. Colorado just turned over more than half of its roster and there's no guarantee that the new players are any better than the old players. I'm not sure that's a good situation.

I have never cared to watch Colorado football but I will check them out now. What a great personality and someone who seems genuinely fun to be around.

My thought is, as a Braves’ fan, how dare you forget Brian Jordan in your two-sport athletes!

Re: Colorado, I expect massive violations at some point but they can be competitive quickly in an awful PAC-12.
Was going to mention Brian Jordan.

I don’t anticipate violations. Were there issues at JSU? I think Deon will be a success in Boulder because he can recruit and the players appear to play their tails off for him.

For all of his flash (personality wise), he strikes me as a pretty traditional, hard nosed football coach. He just makes it look good.

Was going to mention Brian Jordan.

I don’t anticipate violations. Were there issues at JSU? I think Deon will be a success in Boulder because he can recruit and the players appear to play their tails off for him.

For all of his flash (personality wise), he strikes me as a pretty traditional, hard nosed football coach. He just makes it look good.

What violations are even possible in the NCAA now ? Unless Colorado goes hookers and blow not much to get popped for

What violations are even possible in the NCAA now ? Unless Colorado goes hookers and blow not much to get popped for

I'm not even sure the purpose the NCAA serves at this point. After UNC out lawyered them and the SCOTUS told them to go fuck themselves regarding NIL, I really don't see it even has a reason to exist.

I'm not even sure the purpose the NCAA serves at this point. After UNC out lawyered them and the SCOTUS told them to go fuck themselves regarding NIL, I really don't see it even has a reason to exist.
It's a good question. At this point, it's just running tournaments for every sport except college football.

Back