• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Pro Hoops Deacs - Jake LaRavia with 89 points in last three games of the season

Impressive.

LaRavia had 32 last game for the Memphis Hustle. He's played in 4 of their 5 games. He hasn't played for the Grizzlies since Dec 18.

Laravia kills it in the G league but doesn’t do much with NBA minutes. Maybe the grizzlies aren’t a good fit

wow, Alondes was just gettting to the rim anytime he wanted.

Not a good sign that the Grizzlies are playing Vince Williams, Jr. and GG Jackson major minutes but Jake can't get off the bench.

Oops. I missed that Jake is out 3 weeks with an ankle injury.

Last edited:
Is there the NBA equivalent of the baseball rule 5 which allows teams to take minor leaguers from.another team for minimal compensation, as long as the acquiring team keeps the player on the major league roster the whole year. If that doesn't happen, the original team can have him back for even less.

Obviously details need to be worked out here. Eligibility, maybe guys on second or later year of two way contracts? And/or guys with multiple years in G League?

Compensation can't be too high. Idea is to get guys like Alondes playing in the NBA and paid.

Yes. Pretty sure any team can sign Alondes for the season. I don't even think he's a Heat two-way guy.

glad to see that alondes has stopped slapping people

JC and Sarr after Thunder-Jazz.

6f21c0868d1de6337506d7a67e76f92a.jpg

I wish we could just take all of our favorite deacs and put them on one epic, NCAA Tournament winning team.

does Deacs social media ever claim Sarr when they're talking "ProDeacs"
No. I get it but it seems petty. He was at Wake for 3 years.

Alondes is really shooting the ball well.

If he is doing that, he is DEFINITELY an NBA level player.

Spurs could use him.
He's putting up great numbers for a 9-1 team.

23.5 pts, 4.1 reb, 5.7 ast, 1.3 stl, 3.3 to on .577/.418/.727 shooting.

Starting with his 55 point game:
25 pts on 9-14, 6-10
25 pts on 9-15, 6-7
28 pts on 7-14, 2-7 (10 ast!)
23 pts on 9-17, 3-9
55 pts on 21-30, 4-6

If he's figured out his shot and he can play PG, he'll get a chance somewhere.

If the Spurs don't trade for a veteran PG, I'd like to see them trade Graham and bring in Alondes to play PG behind Jones and Wesley.

No. I get it but it seems petty. He was at Wake for 3 years.

He's putting up great numbers for a 9-1 team.

23.5 pts, 4.1 reb, 5.7 ast, 1.3 stl, 3.3 to on .577/.418/.727 shooting.

Starting with his 55 point game:
25 pts on 9-14, 6-10
25 pts on 9-15, 6-7
28 pts on 7-14, 2-7 (10 ast!)
23 pts on 9-17, 3-9
55 pts on 21-30, 4-6

If he's figured out his shot and he can play PG, he'll get a chance somewhere.

If the Spurs don't trade for a veteran PG, I'd like to see them trade Graham and bring in Alondes to play PG behind Jones and Wesley.
Yeah, if he's hitting his shot, he is all-around better than Wesley. Also, could theoretically guard 3 positions - stronger than Jones and Wesley.

Seems like a no-brainer.

Back