• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Pro Hoops Deacs - Jake LaRavia with 89 points in last three games of the season

“Over his career, Smith’s filled every kind of role (he started 50 games in Philly in 2015-16 when he averaged a career-best 14.7 points) and worn 10 different uniform numbers. His favorite is No. 14, which is his current number.”

I always assumed 10 was his favorite. 14.7pts / 7asts in Philly is great.

#14 is retired at Wake.

Well, Ish's own twitter handle still identifies him as "PG for the Charlotte Hornets #BUZZCITY"

Interesting we spelled his name wrong in his offer letter

A full service food court!

And I see at least one typo in the letter "a city that that..."

Very glad for Ish - seems like a great guy and you love to see the underdog who works hard and achieves his dreams!

What’s worse is it wasn’t a typo, like Ishmeal. Appears they heard his name and tried to spell it out themselves without even double checking. Yikes.

And unless I’m missing it, no actual signature from Skip. So other than generally rubber stamping the list of names to receive these questionnaires, he probably wasn’t even aware this particular letter was going out at this particular time. Somebody in house just got lazy with it.

What would be really cool as if our athletic department archives could produce all of Ish’s answers to the questionnaire!

I'm not sure it makes it any/much better, but that was probably typed out by a staffer and one of a few hundred stuffed into envelopes and sent out to a bunch of kids. That was way early in the process and it's possible they just got it wrong from some other source.

What’s worse is it wasn’t a typo, like Ishmeal. Appears they heard his name and tried to spell it out themselves without even double checking. Yikes.

And unless I’m missing it, no actual signature from Skip. So other than generally rubber stamping the list of names to receive these questionnaires, he probably wasn’t even aware this particular letter was going out at this particular time. Somebody in house just got lazy with it.

What would be really cool as if our athletic department archives could produce all of Ish’s answers to the questionnaire!
Wake would have to get permission from the student athletes to release their answers or it would violate FERPA. That said, would totally be worth getting written permission.

Wake would have to get permission from the student athletes to release their answers or it would violate FERPA. That said, would totally be worth getting written permission.

Oh I know, wasn’t a legit suggestion, just saying it would be fascinating to read.

So those questionnaires aren't all that interesting, it's basically just demo information. Coaches name, travel coaches name, best player you have ever played against. Family history: did mom or dad play college athletics etc. They are just used to create a database, not to glean any useful information about the kid

Almost every school has the exact same one now...obviously all online here in the ol' internet age

Ron Watts played as a forward at Wake from 62-65. I assume he was a freshman on the final four team in 1962 and therefore couldn't play. He then played two years for the Celtics and was on the 1966 championship team. Sadly he passed last November at the age of 79.

Josh Howard came close in 2006. Frank Johnson was on the 1993 Phoenix Suns (and played a decent amount as a backup to KJ). Obviously CP came close two years ago. Any other Deacs not mentioned that got to the finals but lost?

Danny Young was on the 90 and 92 Portland teams. Played every game in 90. By 92 he was way down the bench only played in 20 something games.

Well they might’ve just printed off a copy for Forbes to take a pic of. I’m sure Skip signed the actual one that went to Ish.

Back