• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Pro Life / Pro Choice Debate

That coward Junebug is scared to come over here and get his ass handed to him some more, and for good reason, but would love to see him try to defend this decision.

This was one of the better threads I saw on Twitter explaining why a leak from the conservative side makes a lot more sense. Wonder if Moscow Mitch will be as eager for prosecution (of what crime, I have no idea) when it comes to light that it was one of Alito’s (or any of the 5 votes) clerks…

Probably a sternly worded speech by McConnell and a hefty paycheck from some Republican consulting firm.

That coward Junebug is scared to come over here and get his ass handed to him some more, and for good reason, but would love to see him try to defend this decision.

The Court has been under conservative control for all of our lives yet conservatives think it’s a liberal institution. They’re always the victim.

I've never wanted Angus and jhmd's daughters to get pregnant more :noidea:

They’d just pay for abortions and call it a personal decision like NC’s “pro-life” lt. governor.

https://abcnews.go.com/Health/wireS...plains-abortion-decision-decades-ago-83658294

the thing with conservatives is they can always do something like get/pay for an abortion then just say they've prayed on it and moved on.

the thing with conservatives is they can always do something like get/pay for an abortion then just say they've prayed on it and moved on.

Christian forgiveness is a perfect tool for the shameless.

This is the working concept of American society: we create cruel conditions for vulnerable people, who then have desperate responses to those conditions. Rather than improving the cruel conditions we expend all our attention on criminalizing the desperation. Our society is determined to damn as many people as possible.

You can be pro life. Not your place to tell my wife, daughter, sister etc. what they can and cannot do with their own body.

WOMEN'S RIGHTS ARE HUMAN RIGHTS.

The Court has been under conservative control for all of our lives yet conservatives think it’s a liberal institution. They’re always the victim.

This is the absolute truth and applicable to so much of the evangelical / "conservative" identity. Just another example: Christianity is the overwhelming majority religion, and they are free to exercise that religion anywhere they would like, but many honestly believe that prayer has been banned in public schools. It's easy to feel comfortable overreaching into the rights of others when you've been brainwashed into thinking that you're under attack. It's the most basic Fox News propaganda method.

Now I know how Dred Scott must have felt.

oh-really.gif

This is the absolute truth and applicable to so much of the evangelical / "conservative" identity. Just another example: Christianity is the overwhelming majority religion, and they are free to exercise that religion anywhere they would like, but many honestly believe that prayer has been banned in public schools. It's easy to feel comfortable overreaching into the rights of others when you've been brainwashed into thinking that you're under attack. It's the most basic Fox News propaganda method.

They see themselves as "victims" when they can't impose their values and power onto everyone else, and even then they still find ways to become victims. As for prayer in schools, a big part of Evangelical religion is based on appearances and making a show in public of how pious you are for everyone to see. So between those two beliefs, if you can't make/force everyone in your school bow their heads and say a prayer that your church believes in, then you're a victim. That it's illogical doesn't matter, only their hurt feelings matter, and the knowledge that they can't tell non-Evangelicals what to do.

I've come to understand the pro life argument of individuals who feel limiting abortions on a reasonable timeline, somewhere in second trimester (20-24 weeks), a reasonable compromise.
However, overturning Roe v Wade and opening States to pass a total elimination of a woman's right to chose would be, I believe, totally wrong.
With the Court they way it is, unfortunately, it looks like that is where we are headed. Sad on so many levels.

You can be pro life. Not your place to tell my wife, daughter, sister etc. what they can and cannot do with their own body.

WOMEN'S RIGHTS ARE HUMAN RIGHTS.

Human rights have MURDERED 63 million babies since Roe started so no, it is not a woman’s right to murder!
Roe is NOT a constitutional right.
Overturning Roe will not do away with abortions, just give it back to the states where it belongs!
How about men and women alike using birth control?? Anybody ever heard of that? Getting pregnant then deciding you are just too busy in your life for a baby is no reason to commit murder on a viable fetus! Use birth control if you don’t want a baby.

The travesty today is that the sanctity of the Supreme Court has Ben breached! An unprecedented leak that could go the other way one day, remember.

Just sitting here imagining how pissed everybody would be if the decision for Obergefell had leaked to the press. I’d be absolutely outraged, I tell you.

That’s what happens when the fedrul gub’mint done went and banned everybody frum saying merry Christmas…

Human rights have MURDERED 63 million babies since Roe started so no, it is not a woman’s right to murder!
Roe is NOT a constitutional right.
Overturning Roe will not do away with abortions, just give it back to the states where it belongs!
How about men and women alike using birth control?? Anybody ever heard of that? Getting pregnant then deciding you are just too busy in your life for a baby is no reason to commit murder on a viable fetus! Use birth control if you don’t want a baby.

The travesty today is that the sanctity of the Supreme Court has Ben breached! An unprecedented leak that could go the other way one day, remember.

Yes thanks we’re all aware of fox’s talking points was there something you wanted to add?

I've never wanted Angus and jhmd's daughters to get pregnant more :noidea:

That's a weird post.

To be clear, I'm completely cool with most of you (including those 2) never procreating again. Not a ton of prized genes posting on these threads.

Lol at anyone who thinks this will motivate folks to vote for democrats in the midterms. Why vote for spineless dipshits who are fucking afraid to govern?

Exactly, part of the timing of this is that the current Democratic leadership are gutless pushovers whose main priority is to stay in power to enrich themselves and their families.

Back