• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Pro Life / Pro Choice Debate

You can be pro life. Not your place to tell my wife, daughter, sister etc. what they can and cannot do with their own body.

WOMEN'S RIGHTS ARE HUMAN RIGHTS.

Sorry, but a bunch of rich white guys who owned human beings as property disagreed in the 1700s. They are our heroes and standard bearers in perpetuity, so there’s nothing we can do in 2022.

Human rights have MURDERED 63 million babies since Roe started so no, it is not a woman’s right to murder!
Roe is NOT a constitutional right.
Overturning Roe will not do away with abortions, just give it back to the states where it belongs!
How about men and women alike using birth control?? Anybody ever heard of that? Getting pregnant then deciding you are just too busy in your life for a baby is no reason to commit murder on a viable fetus! Use birth control if you don’t want a baby.

The travesty today is that the sanctity of the Supreme Court has Ben breached! An unprecedented leak that could go the other way one day, remember.

Case in point.

Hey Reff, your party wants to get rid of birth control and wants to overrule states’ rights to provide safe and legal abortions.

Exactly, part of the timing of this is that the current Democratic leadership are gutless pushovers whose main priority is to stay in power to enrich themselves and their families.

Can't disagree. If this does turn out to be the Court's decision (and there's no reason to think it won't be), I can't wait to see Chuck Schumer's "strongly-worded" (not) speech on the Senate floor where he castigates "my good friend Mitch McConnell" and other Republicans for supporting this, shakes his head sadly, and then does nothing that will amount to anything. But he lives in a nice house and has done well for himself in DC, so you go, Chuck!

Human rights have MURDERED 63 million babies since Roe started so no, it is not a woman’s right to murder!
Overturning Roe will not do away with abortions, just give it back to the states where it belongs!
How about men and women alike using birth control?? Anybody ever heard of that? Getting pregnant then deciding you are just too busy in your life for a baby is no reason to commit murder on a viable fetus! Use birth control if you don’t want a baby.

The travesty today is that the sanctity of the Supreme Court has Ben breached! An unprecedented leak that could go the other way one day, remember.

I heard that Texas was already full.

They see themselves as "victims" when they can't impose their values and power onto everyone else, and even then they still find ways to become victims. As for prayer in schools, a big part of Evangelical religion is based on appearances and making a show in public of how pious you are for everyone to see. So between those two beliefs, if you can't make/force everyone in your school bow their heads and say a prayer that your church believes in, then you're a victim. That it's illogical doesn't matter, only their hurt feelings matter, and the knowledge that they can't tell non-Evangelicals what to do.

Just like Republican Jesus said!

What about my right for you to shut the fu k up and stop legislating your religious beliefs on other people?

Love you added viable since r v w covers just such a situation.

Hey, I'm an adoptive parent. Our first adoption was extremely expensive and took a long time and a lot of resources. Fortunately we had those available but many prospective families might not. And ours was about half the cost of what an adoption through a national agency would have been. What kind of tax-funded programs do you support that would make adoptions not cost-prohibitive and accessible for all, considering we're going to have all of these babies born who might not be wanted by their birth parents?

That's a weird post.

To be clear, I'm completely cool with most of you (including those 2) never procreating again. Not a ton of prized genes posting on these threads.

I’ll explain it. You see, those guys are big time conservative jackoffs who are in it for the tax breaks and the advantages they of privileged birth enjoy. I don’t think they really give two shits about dead fetuses and all that, but they need this fight to galvanize their voting bloc to protect those tax breaks and other privileges. So to feed them their just desserts for being said jackoffs, I would derive great pleasure from the burden and humiliation they would endure with pregnant teenagers. I’m a dick like that

I'm just fucking embarrassed for this country.

Legislating religion is despicable, and you pro-life dbags would be completely changing your tune if other religions tried to legislate their beliefs. Hell, you already make ridiculous claims that muslim, non-christian representatives want to spread islam and such.

You're just....not good people if you can't see how this affects women and their rights. I'm sorry.

Just sitting here imagining how pissed everybody would be if the decision for Obergefell had leaked to the press. I’d be absolutely outraged, I tell you.

The important thing to remember is how unprecedented leaking is. Nothing else about these scenarios even comes close.

The important thing to remember is how unprecedented leaking is. Nothing else about these scenarios even comes close.

the norms ! Republicans love and respect norms and now's not the time to be breaking them.

In fairness, the leaking of this is absolutely shocking. It is newsworthy in of itself, but Roe being overturned is far and away the biggest story here.

So in some hypothetical future where the Supreme Court is actually controlled by Democrats (which it hasn’t been since 1969), the Republicans will release a super unpopular opinion the Democratic justices made a month or so before it would have been released to the public anyway.

God forbid we should live to see such a day.

the norms ! Republicans love and respect norms and now's not the time to be breaking them.

Clarence Thomas ruling that the January 6th Committee shouldn’t get access to
Certain documents while knowing they contain correspondence of his wife advocating overthrowing the election. But how dare we ruin the sanctity of the Court.

This is quite a pair of thoughts to hold simultaneously.

Yeah that’s why the belief that it is legitimate murder has always been bullshit. If that were true then the only people that stay true to their convictions are people that fire bomb abortion clinics and the like. You don’t sit on the sideline and let 63 million people get murdered, just look at the outrage when a couple thousand in Ukraine die. Hey guys it’s murder so it should probably be left up to the states, what a stupid fucking concept.

The leak seems like an early celebration by conservatives to me. Makes more sense for them to leak to lock in votes as others have said, and to have access to the documents, and to leak it to Politico, than a liberal.

I've said my piece but anyone who doesn't believe that Roe is being over turned is kidding themselves. 5 is greater than 4.

Back