• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Pro Life / Pro Choice Debate

This is a trash post though.

IMO, this whole "outrage" over who leaked the story is nothing more than a GOP and right-wing media attempt to deflect from the real story, which is the Court's decision in this case. The more people get worked up over who leaked the story, the less time conservatives have to spend defending this horrific decision, which puts not only abortion but also gay marriage and gay rights in the crosshairs. And who knows what else they'll go after when they're done with those.

Not sure how it hurts them? They got everything they wanted and campaigned for.

Not sure how it hurts them? They got everything they wanted and campaigned for.

Yep. Republicans deliver. People don't really care if it's through the courts. Within the last two weeks, Republicans ended mask mandates and ended Roe v. Wade. All it took was 6 people. Dems can't get anything done with Senate and House majorities.

Unless enough people oppose these effective Republicans, they'll run over all of us.

Yep. Republicans deliver. People don't really care if it's through the courts. Within the last two weeks, Republicans ended mask mandates and ended Roe v. Wade. All it took was 6 people. Dems can't get anything done with Senate and House majorities.

Unless enough people oppose these effective Republicans, they'll run over all of us.

You know two things that aren’t in the constitution, a 9 seat Supreme Court and the filibuster. Start there.

Any Dem who isn’t ready to real fight for this nation’s future needs to be politically shamed, primaried, and thrown into the dumpster of history.

There are dozens of things the Dem leadership can do to make Manchin and Sinema play ball, and they’re either too cowardly or complicit to do it.

Last edited:

Last edited:
You know two things that aren’t in the constitution, a 9 seat Supreme Court and the filibuster. Start there.

Any Dem who isn’t ready to real fight for this nation’s future needs to be politically shamed, primaried, and thrown into the dumpster of history.

There are dozens of things the Dem leadership can do to make Manchin and Sinema play ball, and they’re either too cowardly or complicit to do it.

Serious question - what are the things the Dem leadership can do to get Manchin to cave on the filibuster? I honestly can’t really think of anything. Sinema could be vulnerable from the left without just giving the seat to the GOP, so I can see some things there, but I’m at a loss with Manchin.

The lesson learned is to try and be MORE progressive?

Serious question - what are the things the Dem leadership can do to get Manchin to cave on the filibuster? I honestly can’t really think of anything. Sinema could be vulnerable from the left without just giving the seat to the GOP, so I can see some things there, but I’m at a loss with Manchin.

Nothing. Manchin can not be convinced to do anything because no one has any leverage over him. Manchin has to be overcome and made irrelevant. The Democratic Party must determine a way forward without its right-wing. No man can serve two masters.

The lesson learned is to try and be MORE progressive?

Pretty clear that seeking a moderate compromise on abortion has not worked even though that's where much of the country is on the issue.

https://theintercept.com/2021/10/23/joe-manchin-federal-investigations/

Here you go. Take some of that sweet DNC cash and threaten to run ads for the next decade in WV detailing the exploits of the Manchin crime family. Have the DOJ shine a brighter light as well. Withhold any campaign money and kick him out of every committee.

Sink his stupid riverboat. Whatever it takes.

Pretty clear that seeking a moderate compromise on abortion has not worked even though that's where much of the country is on the issue.

The legislative obsolescence is purposeful. Dems forever failing to compromise with themselves is nothing more than a dog chasing it’s own tail. You can’t just slap a label on all the people unsupportive of the national Republican platform and call it a political party. It’s not. That’s not a party.

Not only is that rep (Henry Cuellar) pro-life but he's also going through a FBI criminal investigation. Amazing how the Dem party is still backing him.

He’d be replaced by a Republican.

That’s a 2024 problem. I’m more worried about him personally tanking the current Democratic agenda and making the party leaders look like complete assholes. Why vote for these clowns again?

He’d be replaced by a Republican.

That or he would just switch parties now. Sinema will lose in her next primary but that’s a ways off.

Sad thing is it’s not hard to buy off a few Senators and gum up the works enough to make legislating nearly impossible.

If this current configuration of voters truly is the only possible party configuration then you may as well call the game now, because the progressive movement is absolutely beyond fucked. Mr. and Mrs. Flyover State Moderate Split Ticket sure as hell aren’t stopping the Republican Party from watersliding into fascism

That or he would just switch parties now. Sinema will lose in her next primary but that’s a ways off.

Sad thing is it’s not hard to buy off a few Senators and gum up the works enough to make legislating nearly impossible.

Yeah, I think he’d switch.

If this current configuration of voters truly is the only possible party configuration then you may as well call the game now, because the progressive movement is absolutely beyond fucked. Mr. and Mrs. Flyover State Moderate Split Ticket sure as hell aren’t stopping the Republican Party from watersliding into fascism

It’s gonna take some sort of horrific event like a another Great Depression or massive campaign of bigoted repression and violence before progressives have another moment. Americans are historically very short minded and selfish people who only change when faced with broad collective shame or a catastrophic financial collapse.

Back