• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Props to Wolford

John played through a leaky o-line that left him running for his life every game.
He played through injury.
He played through losing his starting job without complaining or causing dissension.

And now he's playing at a level that has us all shaking our heads in disbelief.

So very happy that he's a Deac and is able to shine in his senior season.

Don't forget that opposing defenses knew his playbook too...

Wolford ends yesterday's game with a 95.1 QBR.
Jackson ends his game with a 95.4 QBR.

Wolford moved up .3 in QBR from 83.2 to 83.5
Jackson somehow moved up 2.1 in QBR from 83.6 to 85.7

How'd that happen?

And to think he might have ended up at ECU. Great Clawson recruit!

Reminds me of Riley Skinner-- last kid signed in his class. Nobody wanted him. He was third string and moved up as guys got hurt. Once it was his job, never let it go.

Reminds me of Riley Skinner-- last kid signed in his class. Nobody wanted him. He was third string and moved up as guys got hurt. Once it was his job, never let it go.

Except, you know, he was recruited by Penn State and Claw clearly labeled him the starter very early on. It was him, Tyler Cameron, and Kevin Sousa.

It’s hilarious and awesome how far this has evolved. We are now legitimately talking about Wolford making an NFL team and comparing the dude to Doug Flutie

From ESPN ACC power rankings: Here's a fun stat: In the past decade, only four quarterbacks have tallied 2,000 pass yards, 20 passing touchdowns, 500 rush yards and 10 rush TDs in their team's first 10 games: Lamar Jackson, Jordan Lynch, Dak Prescott and Wake's John Wolford. Only one has done it with fewer than five turnovers: Wolford.

RE: Flutie- to be like him doesn't mean having the exact dimensions. Wolford is small and has been running a lot.

Early in the season and last year, several of us bemoaned the fact that we very rarely threw the ball down the field. We said by not doing so our offense was easily stoppable. Since we started doing it much more often, our offense became very good, because opponents couldn't load up the box with eight guys or more within 5-8 yards of the LOS. Now, they have to play us more honestly.

I am so happy for Wolford. What a year he is having! I just realized that Kendall Hinton seems to be out of the picture and I don't even know what happened to him. Is he injured? or What?

I am so happy for Wolford. What a year he is having! I just realized that Kendall Hinton seems to be out of the picture and I don't even know what happened to him. Is he injured? or What?

What happened to him is that he's the number two qb behind a guy playing lights out. When Wolford was injured he played.

Nope. Wolford was second string to him but Wolford had a great preseason and won the job. Then he has been playing really well and Clawson decided to stick with one QB over the dusl usage of past years. Hinton has looked pretty good himself in his time on the field in relief or in place of Wolford. He's likely the presumed starter fprnnext season with the younger QBs nipping at his heels.

Both have played very great. How often does Wake's backup have a 160 plus rating?

Wolford is putting together AA caliber numbers though.

Yeah, I knew Wolford won his spot back, but I thought Hinton was playing an alternate position, and I haven't seen him play except in relief of Wolford.

Back