• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Prosecutor who questioned Ford Shreds her case

Please tell me you majored in ignorance? Traditional white power structure?? Holy Rollers? While there are elements of these in every Society, no one is looking to go back to the 50’s. There are serious issues that divide this Country but, as always a center will be reached. Extremism benefits no one.

You beat me to it.

yet you guys support the extremists

I don’t think that’s necessarily true. As a whole, society is becoming more liberal by default. Millennials voices are loud and they’re heard. In 10-20 years all of these progressive millennials will be the ones making the laws.

Millennials aren't the Pub base. It is old retired people who vote in masses. Millennial voices aren't heard. They don't vote.

Over on the Kavanaugh thread, we had conservative posters saying the following things:

1. GTB stated that, even if Ford's accusations were true, it wouldn't matter because it didn't qualify as sexual assault, and Kavanaugh was only 17 when it happened, so it shouldn't affect him reaching the Court. Does that sound like a reasonable or moral argument to you?
2. Junebug stated that under Kavanaugh, the Court might finally return to a strict interpretation of the law, and decades of progressive landmark rulings could be thrown out. As a consequence, gay marriage could again be made illegal as well as abortion rights, but it was all OK because people could just move to another state if they lost their marriage rights or whatever. Does this sound reasonable to you?
3. Junebug also stated that he had "left-leaning" friends with prestigious jobs who thought that Ford was telling the truth, but also didn't really care and still thought that Kavanaugh should be on the Court. Does that sound reasonable to you?
4. Lectro has completely taken over nearly every thread, posting mostly barely coherent nonsense posts filled with endless personal insults at pretty much every liberal on the board. A few other conservatives have defended him. How is it not hypocritical to attack liberals for shitty behavior while defending the same from a clear troll?
5. Over the past week, right-wing posters who rarely post here have suddenly popped up again, and in between some serious posts have mostly engaged in lots of personal insults and trolling...while complaining about liberal posters being mean to them. How should liberals respond to this?

Retaliation posts are common around here. You guys have been raking BK over the coals on baseless accusations. When many of the posters above came here not quite ready to label the man a rapist, none of you guys were having it. It’s pretty clear at this point that all of these allegations are false, or at the very least there’s zero evidence any of it happened, and still here y’all are, railing on the same posters who succinctly predicted the outcome.

You guys either ignored or rationalized why it is OK for a candidate to the Supreme Court to lie repeatedly under oath. That is why pretty much every legal mechanism in this country has come out against Kavanaugh. His lies and his lack of temperament. But you got your guy to favor business over any other concern and a guy who will take rights away from "others" so congrats...…...I guess.

Millennials aren't the Pub base. It is old retired people who vote in masses. Millennial voices aren't heard. They don't vote.

You don’t think when the boomers die and the next generation up are calling the shots that we’ll become a more socially accepting society?

Retaliation posts are common around here. You guys have been raking BK over the coals on baseless accusations. When many of the posters above came here not quite ready to label the man a rapist, none of you guys were having it. It’s pretty clear at this point that all of these allegations are false, or at the very least there’s zero evidence any of it happened, and still here y’all are, railing on the same posters who succinctly predicted the outcome.

In what fantasy world do you live in where it is pretty clear that these allegations are false? Get out of your conservative bubble dude.

You don’t think when the boomers die and the next generation up are calling the shots that we’ll become a more socially accepting society?

Yes, eventually the minority pubs will no longer be able to retain power with a minority. Until then...….well.

We’re all going to regret the debasement of our institutions and political process.

Thx Pubs.

You guys either ignored or rationalized why it is OK for a candidate to the Supreme Court to lie repeatedly under oath. That is why pretty much every legal mechanism in this country has come out against Kavanaugh. His lies and his lack of temperament. But you got your guy to favor business over any other concern and a guy who will take rights away from "others" so congrats...…...I guess.

He’s not my guy. He was ambushed by the Democratic Party and accused of a bunch of shit he didn’t do. He was defensive in court and pissed off, rightfully. I didn’t like the guy from jump but since other posters and I weren’t eager to immediately label the dude a rapist, it pissed all of you guys off.

Creamy and Pop, when people say Make America Great Again, when do you think they believe America was great in the first place? What was great about America then that wasn’t great before Trump?

I don't think it's "pretty clear" that the allegations are false - that's what conservatives keep saying, and what liberals are disputing. The FBI investigation was both limited and brief, and there's a big difference between saying her allegations aren't true, and simply that there's no evidence it happened. As has been pointed out, that's often the case in these types of accusations, and usually the man is believed and the woman often isn't. There are also other reasons to oppose Kavanaugh's nomination which have been pointed out ad nauseam on these threads, and they've routinely been ignored.

You also never answered any of my comments - do you find the arguments I listed of any of your fellow conservative posters reasonable? What "outcome" are you talking about? Kavanaugh hasn't been exonerated by any means, yet right-wingers seem insistent that he has. And I continue to get the sense that posters like yourself feel free to troll and trash-talk liberals all the time, but if liberals dare to respond they're being mean and nasty.

Creamy and Pop, when people say Make America Great Again, when do you think they believe America was great in the first place? What was great about America then that wasn’t great before Trump?

Cheesy slogan that appealed to the lowest common denominator. Anyone who uses that phrase seriously, well, I don’t come across those people. I’m sure Trump wants his rube base to feel like he’ll take them “back to the good ole days”.

Trump won because Hillary was an awful candidate. Think about it, if someone traditionally always voted republican, they aren’t going to break that streak on a vote for Hillary Clinton. It’s important that liberals are able to separate the two types of voters in the Republican Party. Failing to acknowledge that not all republicans are sexist, racist, xenophobics only pushes the goalpost backwards a few notches.

I don't think it's "pretty clear" that the allegations are false - that's what conservatives keep saying, and what liberals are disputing. The FBI investigation was both limited and brief, and there's a big difference between saying her allegations aren't true, and simply that there's no evidence it happened. As has been pointed out, that's often the case in these types of accusations, and usually the man is believed and the woman often isn't. There are also other reasons to oppose Kavanaugh's nomination which have been pointed out ad nauseam on these threads, and they've routinely been ignored.

You also never answered any of my comments - do you find the arguments I listed of any of your fellow conservative posters reasonable? What "outcome" are you talking about? Kavanaugh hasn't been exonerated by any means, yet right-wingers seem insistent that he has. And I continue to get the sense that posters like yourself feel free to troll and trash-talk liberals all the time, but if liberals dare to respond they're being mean and nasty.

I’m not going to take posts out of context and defend or denounce them. I’d have to reread the thread for context and I’m not going to do that because it doesn’t matter.

Conservatives like Creamy and deacspop don’t think they’re racist/sexist/awful etc so they don’t believe that what they’re voting for represents those things either. But they don’t actually follow what’s going on, educate themselves on the positions or just simply tune out the bad stuff.

There is so much awful shit going on with trump but you never see them defending that stuff. Why not? It’s still being done in the name of the Republican Party. Why only now do they show up?

Cheesy slogan that appealed to the lowest common denominator. Anyone who uses that phrase seriously, well, I don’t come across those people. I’m sure Trump wants his rube base to feel like he’ll take them “back to the good ole days”.

Trump won because Hillary was an awful candidate. Think about it, if someone traditionally always voted republican, they aren’t going to break that streak on a vote for Hillary Clinton. It’s important that liberals are able to separate the two types of voters in the Republican Party. Failing to acknowledge that not all republicans are sexist, racist, xenophobics only pushes the goalpost backwards a few notches.

So you refuse to answer the question and make up some BS at the end.

Not all republicans are “sexist, racist, xenophobic.” Nobody has claimed all of them are. People are calling out those elements in the GOP. Either you don’t think they exist or you enable them. If you think people are calling them out and they’re talking about you, that’s on you.

I don’t give a shit that you don’t think you’re those things. Your votes for Republicans support that because that what Trumpism is.

He’s not my guy. He was ambushed by the Democratic Party and accused of a bunch of shit he didn’t do. He was defensive in court and pissed off, rightfully. I didn’t like the guy from jump but since other posters and I weren’t eager to immediately label the dude a rapist, it pissed all of you guys off.

I don't know what happened that night. I do know that under any reasonable evaluation, that he lied numerous times. We don't rationalize people in front of the court lying so why are we rationalizing a candidate for the Supreme Court lying?

You trying to make it out that everybody was labeling him a rapist is just your attempt to ignore this.

Anyway it is pretty apparent you have made up your mind that she is the one lying.

Last edited:
So you refuse to answer the question and make up some BS at the end.

Not all republicans are “sexist, racist, xenophobic.” Nobody has claimed all of them are. People are calling out those elements in the GOP. Either you don’t think they exist or you enable them. If you think people are calling them out and they’re talking about you, that’s on you.

if you can't spot the sucker in your first half hour at the table, then you are the sucker

Back