• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Prosecutor who questioned Ford Shreds her case

Conservative posters = rube, racist, misogynistic, etc., etc..

You guys are all so weak minded and unoriginal.

Over on the Kavanaugh thread, we had conservative posters saying the following things:

1. GTB stated that, even if Ford's accusations were true, it wouldn't matter because it didn't qualify as sexual assault, and Kavanaugh was only 17 when it happened, so it shouldn't affect him reaching the Court. Does that sound like a reasonable or moral argument to you?
2. Junebug stated that under Kavanaugh, the Court might finally return to a strict interpretation of the law, and decades of progressive landmark rulings could be thrown out. As a consequence, gay marriage could again be made illegal as well as abortion rights, but it was all OK because people could just move to another state if they lost their marriage rights or whatever. Does this sound reasonable to you?
3. Junebug also stated that he had "left-leaning" friends with prestigious jobs who thought that Ford was telling the truth, but also didn't really care and still thought that Kavanaugh should be on the Court. Does that sound reasonable to you?
4. Lectro has completely taken over nearly every thread, posting mostly barely coherent nonsense posts filled with endless personal insults at pretty much every liberal on the board. A few other conservatives have defended him. How is it not hypocritical to attack liberals for shitty behavior while defending the same from a clear troll?
5. Over the past week, right-wing posters who rarely post here have suddenly popped up again, and in between some serious posts have mostly engaged in lots of personal insults and trolling...while complaining about liberal posters being mean to them. How should liberals respond to this?

no, but the rube, racist and misogynistic posters should be called rubes, racists and misogynists.

what don’t you understand?

...and the party that coddles, welcomes, and protects them should be challenged for that.

This. Hillary called out the deplorables and then conservatives took on the identity of deplorable.

Still waiting for Wrangor to explain why we silence him but we don’t silence Lectro and moonz.

Roe will be stripped down to its barest minimum and traditional white power structure will continue to be given preference over minorities and lifestyles in things like voting rights and other conflicting rights cases. Don't kid yourself. That's what the holly rollers who support these guys voted for. You either don't care or you are willfully gullible.

Please tell me you majored in ignorance? Traditional white power structure?? Holy Rollers? While there are elements of these in every Society, no one is looking to go back to the 50’s. There are serious issues that divide this Country but, as always a center will be reached. Extremism benefits no one.

Please tell me you majored in ignorance? Traditional white power structure?? Holy Rollers? While there are elements of these in every Society, no one is looking to go back to the 50’s. There are serious issues that divide this Country but, as always a center will be reached. Extremism benefits no one.

I guess you were born yesterday.

As somebody who grew up in rural NC and still has many relatives there, and knows plenty of other Trumpites in rural NC and Virginia, I can tell you that there are plenty of Republicans who would love to go backwards to the Fifties or Seventies or Eighties or some decade where their small town/county still had easy, plentiful factory jobs and life seemed easier. Hell, I hear them talk about it whenever I go back to visit - lots of powerful nostalgia for the "good ol' days". And, Trump and the GOP has perfectly played on that sentiment. It's what MAGA means.

Bright, thoughtful retort.

What do you think the socially conservative fundamentalist base who put Trump in power to run this end gambit on the court's end game is? State's rights is going to become a very popular expression as they strip away protections.

These are the same people who celebrate breaking up families and putting children in cages. Your attempts to normalize this behavior is cute.

Last edited:
I’m from Trump country—that’s very true.

[responding to highland]

I keep seeing conservative say this but I don’t get the logic.

Republicans have been running on overturning Roe for decades. Republicans do everything possible to restrict abortion rights. Why would conservative judges not overturn Roe?

There’s even less logic supporting this for gay marriage. Obergefell was only 3 years ago. The swing vote is going to be replaced by Kavanaugh. Why wouldn’t they overturn it? Do you Roberts, Alito, and Thomas have changed? Do you think Gorsuch and Kavanaugh won’t go with them?

I see good portion of the Republican Party shifting closer to libertarianism, leaving the hardcore social conservatives behind. In turn I feel like society will advance, regardless of what a handful of OWGs want. I’m not in the school of thought that things will roll back to 50s.

I see good portion of the Republican Party shifting closer to libertarianism, leaving the hardcore social conservatives behind. In turn I feel like society will advance, regardless of what a handful of OWGs want. I’m not in the school of thought that things will roll back to 50s.

Based on what evidence? The party is getting whiter and older.

You beat me to it.

Oh boy.

Anecdotes and testimonials.

Research does not refute.

Goodness.

Based on what evidence? The party is getting whiter and older.

I don’t think that’s necessarily true. As a whole, society is becoming more liberal by default. Millennials voices are loud and they’re heard. In 10-20 years all of these progressive millennials will be the ones making the laws.

Back