• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Pull a Deacon athlete's name out of your butt thread

Konner Tucker

Ok I had to look him up because he had a hilarious story:

Commits to UK
Decommits and goes to Lon Morris JuCo
Comes to Wake
Transfers to Sam Houston State
Transfers to UTEP

Last edited:
That's a name I haven't heard in a long time. He could jump out of the gym if I remember correctly.

It's true. He had a 40+ vertical. One of our great dunkers, even if he only lasted a short time.

Was a big Matt Gormley fan. Vidovich ran him out of town, he went on to be a good player at one of the Maryland schools (Eastern Shore?), and was replaced by Brian Carroll, who was one of our best ever, so I guess it worked out, but still, liked what I saw of Gormley his freshman year.

Mark Erwin - soccer - early 80's

Scored 36 goals as a senior and led the nation in scoring and held the ACC record for scoring in a season. He was a Colonel in the Army last I heard. he also was the first - that I ever saw - to do the cartwheel/flip throw in.

Marc Blucas

"All American" kind of guy. Pretty boy with a smile that took him all the way to Hollywood. For our younger crowd, or newer Deacs, Marc was the bro who dated Buffy from Buffy the Vampire Slayer. He was also in a slew of other movies and TV shows. Marc had a really good 3 point shot and a was key component to Odom's teams in the early 90's. Marc also like to eat...A lot of food...all of the time...and was a prankster.

Solid supporting actor role in 'Summer Catch' with the bonus of him being a college player from Wake Forest (maybe one of the only movies outside of Brian's Song that Wake Forest plays a role in?).

James McDougal.

I could fill this with just old-school Wake soccer players, but another personal favorite was big Thomas Dooley, out of Glasgow -- big, rough center back who could also play a little, more than one would think at first glance. Great guy, too, and hilarious, incredible deep Glaswegian accent that was impossible to understand. My other favorite psycho overseas soccer player from the late 80s/early 90s was Mark Brereton, fucking crazy Irish dude. Got a kick out of both those guys when I was but a little dude.

Back