• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Pull a Deacon athlete's name out of your butt thread

ED KARGBO-OKOROGIE

Two sport star. Broke a backboard at Cameron during pre-game warm-ups.

I could fill this with just old-school Wake soccer players, but another personal favorite was big Thomas Dooley, out of Glasgow -- big, rough center back who could also play a little, more than one would think at first glance. Great guy, too, and hilarious, incredible deep Glaswegian accent that was impossible to understand. My other favorite psycho overseas soccer player from the late 80s/early 90s was Mark Brereton, fucking crazy Irish dude. Got a kick out of both those guys when I was but a little dude.

Love this reference. Knew a bunch of those guys and he was the craziest

ED KARGBO-OKOROGIE

Two sport star. Broke a backboard at Cameron during pre-game warm-ups.

Three sport star based on the noises coming out of our next door neighbor's room and the reaction of her roommate upon entering that apartment when Say Hey and I were chilling on the walkway.

I could fill this with just old-school Wake soccer players, but another personal favorite was big Thomas Dooley, out of Glasgow -- big, rough center back who could also play a little, more than one would think at first glance. Great guy, too, and hilarious, incredible deep Glaswegian accent that was impossible to understand. My other favorite psycho overseas soccer player from the late 80s/early 90s was Mark Brereton, fucking crazy Irish dude. Got a kick out of both those guys when I was but a little dude.

You didn't by any chance know Greg Harron did you?

Lovell "Scooby" Jackson

He worked the front desk at my gym a year or so ago. He got excited when I came in one day wearing a WF polo. Had a good conversation with him. Real nice guy.

Skip Jenkins

Ray Soriano (only bc these two were my twin city coaches waaay back)

Also, Peyton Smith. He is the owner of Mission Pizza in dt Winston and has really great pizza if you havent been.

Last edited:
Pat Kelly
Otis Orenczak
Dean Matthias ( the only American born tennis player in the Top 6 for a couple of years)

Back