• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Pull a Deacon athlete's name out of your butt thread

I was also at that game. From the elbow on the side of the court opposite the benches, on the side where the student section is now. It was crazy.

I was there too. It was a mind-boggling move from Cream Soda.

This revelation means that Rafi and JuiceCrew literally saw Townie and me at a basketball game in like the year 2000. Anonymous no more!

John Leach. Still remember him running up 300 plus yards on Maryland the final game of 1993... of course, in typical Wake fashion we lost by one after blowing a huge lead... ugh.

Great group of receivers, though: Des Clark, Thabiti Davis, Jammie Deese. Those guys could go get it.

Cal Stamp. He went on to be my middle school PE teacher and his wife was my geometry teacher.

I could do some real deep cuts with non-revenue sports, but I'll stay mainstream:

Konnor Tucker

Tim Stare
Dandy Dan Moody
Danny Moses

And they were roommates.

Brett V. Mauro, Tennis Star.
Carlos Brackley
Chase Voshell
Scott Daeley
Raimo de Vries
Jimmy Hendrix
Jelle Abma
Zen Luzniak

Last edited:
Antwan Scott

Here's a story I haven't told in awhile.

After a loss at State, the boards were discussing a play in which a State player to hit an open three. Some people were blaming Antwan, but I was arguing that another player (Hicks?) lost his man and Antwan just couldn't rotate over in time.

Back on those boards, you could click on someone's username and email them directly. Within a few minutes of that post, I got an email from Antwan Scott with the subject line "Thanks."

Last edited:
This thread has been disappointing. Dudes, c'mon - we need obscurity. This is not Kenny Moore / Rafa Viduretta territory. Think people, think.

Tim Stare
Dandy Dan Moody
Danny Moses

And they were roommates.

I'll see your Efird crew of Stare/Moody/Moses and raise you Vince Greco and David Mebs, who threatened to throw me out a 3rd floor window one night.

Back