• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Pulse of the Fanbase: Beginning of Year 2 of the Manning Era

How confident are you in Danny Manning going forward (10 being the best, 1 the worst)

Votes: 3 1.4%

Votes: 1 0.5%

Votes: 6 2.8%

Votes: 21 9.6%

Votes: 19 8.7%

Votes: 47 21.6%

Votes: 58 26.6%

Votes: 53 24.3%

Votes: 8 3.7%

Votes: 2 0.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I voted 3. There's a difference between being hopeful and confident. I am very hopeful DM turns out to be great and rebuilds our program. But given the state of our program for the past 5+ years (not Manning's fault), and Manning's lack of experience or proven results, and how good the conference is, and how underwhelming this class is when we needed a huge one, no I am not confident.

I think a lot of people voted 4-6 with the same logic. For me, a 3 would be #ManningOUT but not ready for s billboard.

LOL as you babble on for a paragraph about what you think about the program based on nothing but your hopeful feeling. Building a program around players that must far exceed their recruiting rankings is a tough way to rebuild a program in a conference like the ACC. But I'm glad you are optimistic and trust our coaches and believe our players are committed.
Yes, I voted 4. Mainly for this reason.

Voted 6 just because I think with Manning we continue to improve. Took the scale to mean 1-4 = program heading in the wrong direction, 5 = plateaued, 6-10 = heading in the right direction.

I think we are getting better and will continue that trajectory. I think we are improving even compared to other teams. I don't know Manning's ceiling, but I'm mildly confident in him as the next step in restoring the program.

I am not at all confident, but hopeful Manning will improve, along with his staff and players. I'm also hopeful he will take some lessons from the Giles recruitment that will help him in future recruiting. Not sure how much recruiting he did as an assistant at Kansas, but as a head coach of course this is the first time he got so far down the road with a top-5 guy. He was competing with K, Calipari, Self and Roy, who do this every year. Hopefully he learned a few tricks, things to do, things not to do, that he can apply going forward.

The scale DV7 is using is for a different question ("How likely are you to recommend [x] to a friend?"). I don't think his take on the poll posted here is valid, but w/e.

Yeah, it's not a perfect like-for-like, but I'm sticking with it.

The jury is still out. Until I see a more consistent and effective effort on defense, I will question whether DM is getting his message across to his team. Tulsa made a dramatic improvement defensively in his second year at the helm. I am hoping for the same this year with the Deacs.

I am not at all confident, but hopeful Manning will improve, along with his staff and players. I'm also hopeful he will take some lessons from the Giles recruitment that will help him in future recruiting. Not sure how much recruiting he did as an assistant at Kansas, but as a head coach of course this is the first time he got so far down the road with a top-5 guy. He was competing with K, Calipari, Self and Roy, who do this every year. Hopefully he learned a few tricks, things to do, things not to do, that he can apply going forward.

Manning can't coach and he can't recruit

I didn't expect manning to be a great coach after 3-4 years but I did expect him to be able to parlay all that bullshit rj spewed about into getting some exceptional talent. Manning is too laid back and probably too honest.

you need to take the wellman face and attach it to the dancing dwarf gif.

Poll closed. 72.5% of the votes in the 6-8 range. Will run another one at the end of the year.

Still sticking with my 4. It looked like Danny didn't give a damn out there at times tonight.

Gonna be interesting running this at the end of the year and comparing it to this one.

Seriously a 3.5. This team needs a coach with some fire, drive and emotionalism on the bench. DM, as willing as he appears to be, just doesn't carry that into any of the games.

Seriously a 3.5. This team needs a coach with some fire, drive and emotionalism on the bench. DM, as willing as he appears to be, just doesn't carry that into any of the games.

Unfortunately, the team looks the same way on the court as he does on the bench. Is it too early to start preparing for next year?

I like Manning. Do not like this team. We need significant player upgrades at 2G, 3, back-up PG & bench at all positions.

Back