• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Pure GOP hypocrisy

RJKarl

Banhammer'd
Reaction score
In state after state (include the law in VA), the GOP is trying to mandate that any woman wanting to have an abortion must have a non-medically necessary and possibly invasive of her body sonogram before having the abortion.

The state is mandating her care and that she or her insurance company pay for it.

VERSUS

It being UNCONSTITUTIONAL for the government to mandate buying insurance.

The GOP is clearly being Big Brother and getting into a woman's body without her permission AND mandate that she buys something.

How can the GOP justify this with a straight face?

I agree. At least the Democrats are up front about wanting to tell other people what to do.

Oh_Shit_Not_Again.jpg

the truth is the truth....please explain how calling a Dem mandate unconstitutional while trying to pas mandates for women in state after state isn't the definition of hypocrisy.

I'd love to hear it.

First, I don't particularly care for such laws. I think Texas has one on the books as well.

However, I LOLed at you calling a sonogram an invasive procedure...the sonogram that happens before an ABORTION, which I guess is not invasive. If you meant that term as applying to privacy, then ok.

Also, you fail consistently to see the difference between state and federal mandates. As I said, I'm not a fan of either in this case, but the constitutionality issue is due to the federal mandate.

Finally, this is yet another example of calling out hypocrisy while simultaneously damning yourself for the same thing. OK, those dastardly Pubs are hypocrites because of those darn mandate thingies that they don't like sometimes but do in this case. Of course you're calling them out for a mandate you don't like, while you have no problem with the other mandate.

The sonogram mandated in the Virginia law is vaginally inserted, not just an ultrasound where they rub the outside of her belly.

And a woman can take a pill to have an abortion, so it actually is a lot less invasive than that.

First, I don't particularly care for such laws. I think Texas has one on the books as well.

However, I LOLed at you calling a sonogram an invasive procedure...the sonogram that happens before an ABORTION, which I guess is not invasive. If you meant that term as applying to privacy, then ok.

Also, you fail consistently to see the difference between state and federal mandates. As I said, I'm not a fan of either in this case, but the constitutionality issue is due to the federal mandate.

Finally, this is yet another example of calling out hypocrisy while simultaneously damning yourself for the same thing. OK, those dastardly Pubs are hypocrites because of those darn mandate thingies that they don't like sometimes but do in this case. Of course you're calling them out for a mandate you don't like, while you have no problem with the other mandate.

VA is mandating vaginal sonograms.

If she's getting an abortion she obviously doesn't mind having things up her hoohah....am i rite?

Seriously though, i mean given the choice I'm sure a number of the women would opt out of it, but it's not like it's some complicated or dangerous procedure. I can't reflect on the medical relevance, could be completely irrelevant, but my limited understanding of the process suggests it's probably not, at least in many cases.

Last edited:

Man, you've been right of RULZ lately. This is a mildly nice try, but one side's mandate thingy is having someone pay money, while the other side's mandate thingy is forcing up woman to have something shoved up her cooch so she can be clockwork oranged into feeling guilty. There are varying degrees of mandate thingies.

the truth is the truth....please explain how calling a Dem mandate unconstitutional while trying to pas mandates for women in state after state isn't the definition of hypocrisy.

I'd love to hear it.

I guess cause one kills babies and the other doesn't. :noidea:

Any way to ensure that the Doctor actually does the sonogram? What if he/she just lies about it?

So RJ does this mean since you're for the HC Mandate, you must be also for the sonogram mandate as well right?

If it provides no medical benefit, it should not be done (by medical ethics). If it is only there to make the patient "feel guilty," then there is no medical basis for the test.

Another possibility is that left handed people are trying to take over the world...found this snippet:

A study performed in Sweden in 2001 has shown that subtle effects of neurological damage linked to ultrasound were implicated by an increased incidence in left-handedness in boys (a marker for brain problems when not hereditary) and speech delays.

The above findings, however, were not confirmed in a later follow-up study.

A later study, however, performed on a larger sample of 8865 children, has established a statistically significant, albeit weak association of ultrasonography exposure and being non-right handed later in life.

So RJ does this mean since you're for the HC Mandate, you must be also for the sonogram mandate as well right?

Pure RJ hypocrisy!

But, actually I agree with him that this law is dumb and designed to do nothing more than shame the individual in question. That should not be the government's place.

Of course I'd prefer our abortion rate to double, but that's just me.

I agree with you BillB 100%

Nope, because i'm not saying the HC mandate is wrong.

It's quite different to mandate that the government go inside a woman's body.

The ultrasound laws are abhorrent and I find the ease with which the one in VA is progressing to be disturbing.

Back