• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Putin trying to restore the USSR

RJKarl

Banhammer'd
Reaction score
http://www.aol.com/article/news/201...ore-the-soviet-union-former-secreta/21619534/

"It's pretty obvious that his intent is to try to spread Russian influence, particularly over the former Soviet Union. He is clearly trying to prevent the countries of the former Soviet Union from joining NATO and working with the European Union," Panetta said in 2015.

"Rep. Mac Thornberry, R-Texas, chairman of the House Armed Services Committee, echoed Panetta's remarks, arguing for an increase in defense spending and noting that there are "some particular areas of weaponry Russia is making investments in" that should be of concern to the United States."

If he is successful, President Obama should shoulder a large part of the blame.

Trump is the one kissing up to him. Obama put crippling sanctions on Russia.

It's real simple: the Soviet Union represented a totalitarian messianic ideology that it wished aggressively to spread world wide. Russia is more or less a normal country with normal national interests in keeping with its history and traditions. If you can't grasp the difference, stop posting about Russia.

It's real simple: the Soviet Union represented a totalitarian messianic ideology that it wished aggressively to spread world wide. Russia is more or less a normal country with normal national interests in keeping with its history and traditions. If you can't grasp the difference, stop posting about Russia.

First of all, being an expansionist, imperialistic power is not "normal" or accepted. Putin has showed those concepts he embraces and has acted upon. He did so in Georgia and Ukraine. He's also making antagonistic overtures towards the Baltic states.

He is a dictator who jails and murders his opposition. He directly and intentionally impacted the US election. Well, our intelligence agencies and Congressional Committees have said so, but you and other board posters seem to think you know more than the experts.

Do you think Putin just woke up yesterday and started this shit, or do you think he built up to it over the last 5-10 years?

No but I'd like to hear you make a case. Otherwise, you're no better than the poster that you're tacitly criticizing.

How much time do you have?

For a substantive post and not a drive-by snarkfest? All damn day.

Strick, simo has never been interest in anything other childish snark. But good luck and keep being optimistic.

Well, if you haven't been paying attention for the past eight years, nothing I say is going to change your mind.

Well, if you haven't been paying attention for the past eight years, nothing I say is going to change your mind.

Change my mind then, simos. I'm not ready to write you off without giving you a shot. It sounds like you have been paying attention and have some thoughts. I have been paying attention, too, and would like to hear your thoughts.

Do you think Putin just woke up yesterday and started this shit, or do you think he built up to it over the last 5-10 years?

We've spent 15 years fighting two wars, international terrorism, and rebuilding every country we destroy. I think he saw an opportunity the entire time.

Back