• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

QB Going Forward

Pretty crazy that Drake Maye had arguably the best QB performance in the nation last night and they lost to GT.

By comparison, Santino Marucci was a near-average P5 QB in his first-ever start.

Here you can see Kern was better than Griffis in the SAME GAME.

In year 10 of the Clawson era our 3rd year QB had 6 completions against a division opponent, which is great considering his first half line was 1 for 6. And apparently according to our coaching staff, beat reporters and a portion of our fan base, he is the best QB on the roster.

Also apparently Wake Forest is too poor to get a transfer QB next year, because that would cost at least 500k, which most other schools could afford but not little ole wake forest.

In year 10 of the Clawson era our 3rd year QB had 6 completions against a division opponent, which is great considering his first half line was 1 for 6. And apparently according to our coaching staff, beat reporters and a portion of our fan base, he is the best QB on the roster.

Also apparently Wake Forest is too poor to get a transfer QB next year, because that would cost at least 500k, which most other schools could afford but not little ole wake forest
the problem is if Clawson doesn’t wake up and do what’s best for the team he is going to need to find a lot more than a qb for next year. I have to think any of our decent skill players are already working on their transfer paper portal work as well as most of the D. Hard to keep killing yourself to get better when you know there is no hope and Clawsons insistence of staying with Mitch will sink this ship. He is not going to get better and not a D1 qb. Clear to everyone but our coaches.

No. I said Clawson fucked up. He did. Deciding that Griffis was the guy was clearly a terrible mistake. What I also said is that I trust Clawson enough not to make that same mistake going into next season. These are not mutually exclusive concepts.

I also understand not throwing Santino into the game in the second half inheriting a 27 point deficit. I wish he had started the game though and think that was another mistake, but it’s not the same mistake as spending an entire offseason planning for him to be the starter.

I don’t want to see Mitch play another down for Wake Forest. I’d rather give a true freshman some experience, especially since they can play 4 games and not burn a shirt.
Normally I might agree but i also have never seen great coaches stick with a bad qb for so long and worse put said horrible qb back in as starter after another qb leads team to a rare win against decent competition. make no mistake that Griffis is a big 0fer on wins against good competititon as all were horrible teams.

the problem is if Clawson doesn’t wake up and do what’s best for the team he is going to need to find a lot more than a qb for next year. I have to think any of our decent skill players are already working on their transfer paper portal work as well as most of the D. Hard to keep killing yourself to get better when you know there is no hope and Clawsons insistence of staying with Mitch will sink this ship. He is not going to get better and not a D1 qb. Clear to everyone but our coaches.
The off season portal transfers are going to be brutal

Who/whom is this everyone but our coaches?

Fans, announcers, analytics geeks, likely the players.
Not so clear to this fan, nor to the players three weeks ago apparently. This fan, though, is at best an average fan who loves football but never played it competitively since middle school.
I’ll trust Dave Clawson over the announcers and analytics geeks, who are announcers and analytic geeks specifically because they couldn’t be or remain coaches. That is sort of like believing Vitale over Dave Odom.

Absolute gut punch to the whole team when they found out clawson was going to trot Griffis out there yesterday as the starter.

This is what I don't get. Clawson is not dumb. Surely he has the self-awareness to know the impact on the team with this nonsense. Our receivers looked like they were just going through the motions.

This is what I don't get. Clawson is not dumb. Surely he has the self-awareness to know the impact on the team with this nonsense. Our receivers looked like they were just going through the motions.
WRs didn’t even need to put up their hands to attempt to catch the ball most of the time. They just had to watch passes go left, right, short, or over their heads.

You people calling for Tino are a cliche:

I cannot imagine what it would take for Clawson to pull Mitch. This is such bullshit.

I watched Clawson's presser today. Was asked questions about booing in the last game and personnel who started (i.e. Griffis). Having watched, I genuinely believe the guy in that he truly believes Griffis is the best we have.

Appreciate his honesty but boy are we royally fucked unless the portal is very kind to us.

How bad would Santino have to be in practice to not merit another shot?

How bad would Santino have to be in practice to not merit another shot?
Did anybody else see the 3 guys in section 3 last week dressed in the black and gold Italian Stallion robes from Rocky II in support of Santino? It was awesome!

Back