• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

QB Going Forward

Griffis is still #2 on the depth chart. So if Kern can't play the whole game, I expect Griffis. Apparently Marucci hasn't shown enough to get above #3.

Griffis is still #2 on the depth chart. So if Kern can't play the whole game, I expect Griffis. Apparently Marucci hasn't shown enough to get above #3.

We're all close to it but try and see as someone who isn't even a college sports fan. Just some random guy on the street in Kansas and you tell him "this quarterback was only allowed one game in which to play and he won his team their only conference win in over a year but has not played since." Will make for great trivia in a few years. Well, that and the fact that in 2023 WFU had 2.7M fans.

The best-case scenario right now is to go 3-10 over the last 13 ACC games with two wins over Cuse and one win over Pitt.
that seems........not good. Especially because some of that was with Sam. I suppose we should have known their would be a drop off this year in W-L but goodness.

the sad part is that it's not that much of a drop-off because we got our butts kicked in ACC games last year too
that's what I was somewhat trying to say. We weren't that great with our veteran QB, so no surprise we continued to be lousy/got worse with the new guy.

I'm entirely too lazy to go back and check but some of those losses just aren't bad losses. Yeah yeah it's still a loss and no moral victories and all that, but it's not like we got pounded into the ground. Duke, Clemson and UNC last year come to mind.

This isn't really accurate. WF went 3-5 in the ACC last year, but "got its butt kicked" in one game (at L'ville and even in that game WF led at halftime). The frustrating thing about last year was that WF blew 4th quarter leads in 3 games (Clemson, UNC and @ Duke). IIRC, WF not only blew leads in each of those games, but WF had the lead and the ball in the 4th quarter of each of those games.

that's what I was somewhat trying to say. We weren't that great with our veteran QB, so no surprise we continued to be lousy/got worse with the new guy.
This is a very good and succinct point. It's why I predicted to nephew and friends could be 3 W season at beginning of the year. Just didn't believe the hype about Mitch.

This isn't really accurate. WF went 3-5 in the ACC last year, but "got its butt kicked" in one game (at L'ville and even in that game WF led at halftime). The frustrating thing about last year was that WF blew 4th quarter leads in 3 games (Clemson, UNC and @ Duke). IIRC, WF not only blew leads in each of those games, but WF had the lead and the ball in the 4th quarter of each of those games.
good point. But at some point, a loss is a loss.

Back