• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

QB Going Forward

Their RB is the real deal. He's going to just run all over us.
Yeah, they're just going to pound us to death and our offense won't have much success I'm afraid. I love Sam, but I just want us to get a couple of good clean shots on him, maybe Davis or Roberts can light him up a time or 2.

i think this is the highest pff score of the season (at least for conference games)

I’ve reached the acceptance phase regarding Clawson’s view of Marucci vs Griffis

But it’s really frustrating that Griffis started yesterday (and also got QB1 reps all week) with Kern available.

Last edited:
I’ve reached the acceptable phase regarding Clawson’s view of Marucci vs Griffis

But it’s really frustrating that Griffis started yesterday (and also got QB1 reps all week) with Kern available.
I bet Kern got a lot of 1st team reps too though, Mitch seemed to be on a pretty short lease. Of course, the lease should’ve been thrown away weeks ago and Mitch confined to the dog lot.

In early warmups yesterday, Marucci went through a pretty extensive series of drills I noticed. At the time i through he might even be starting, but after he came out for uniformed warmups and was in the 3rd spot, it may have been more like an audition.

We're #113 in the NCAA at 3rd down conversions.

Our rate is .333.

I call 3rd down this year "time for the sack," and kids go with "time for a snack."

Y'all think the plan after Mitch got benched at VT was to have Kern at QB1, but that got blown up whenever he got injured? That's the only thing that makes sense to me. I get not wanting to put Kern out to start Saturday coming off of an injury unless things got dicey.

Y'all think the plan after Mitch got benched at VT was to have Kern at QB1, but that got blown up whenever he got injured? That's the only thing that makes sense to me. I get not wanting to put Kern out to start Saturday coming off of an injury unless things got dicey.
I agree with the first part. I think Dave wanted to see if there would be continued progress from the duke game, and when that didn’t happen, he pulled the plug. Pulling a QB after 1 quarter is indicative of a very short leash.

Of course it was

Did anybody see, that were left at that point, Mitch running back in forth in front of our bench between the 3rd and 4th quarters testing his ankle, like he was trying to show the coaches he could go back in? I was like dude, the reason you're not out there is not because your ankle got a little dinged.

Did anybody see, that were left at that point, Mitch running back in forth in front of our bench between the 3rd and 4th quarters testing his ankle, like he was trying to show the coaches he could go back in? I was like dude, the reason you're not out there is not because your ankle got a little dinged.
Clawson has spoken loud and clear on this topic. Mitch forgetting the play was the final straw. If I were him I'd move on after May.

You know, privately, Clawson has to be asking his staff how in the hell that happens in game #10. To that point, after Saturday, I'm not sure any coach's job is safe. Never seen Dave that pissed.

Clawson has spoken loud and clear on this topic. Mitch forgetting the play was the final straw. If I were him I'd move on after May.

You know, privately, Clawson has to be asking his staff how in the hell that happens in game #10. To that point, after Saturday, I'm not sure any coach's job is safe. Never seen Dave that pissed.
Glad to hear all this

Absolutely that was the plan.

Clawson said Mitch seemed "off."

He ran the wrong play so he's either off, concussed or high as a kite.

Back