• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

QB Going Forward

How do you NOT start the guy after playing well enough for the team to win its first conference game, including the game winning TD throw, when the other two have been trainwrecks? He might stink against FSU, but he earned the right to start IMO.

He won the game but it’s fair to say we had no business getting a shot at that last TD (thanks Pitt) and could easily be looking at tossing a game losing pick there and no TDs. That being said, he gave us a spark and, with this team, I think that counts for a lot. Our season was dead in the water despite a solid d and some good position players on offense. If Marucci can manage the game and make a couple plays, our odds get a lot better

Clawson and his assistants need to sit down with Mooch while enjoying a good Italian Meal and hash this issue out!!!

Next year's starting QB better not be on this roster. Mariucci was at least a gamer and seemed to have decent instincts, but this was against an awful Pitt team. Give Mariucci a shot. If the Kernol is healthy, bring him back in, but you have to go find a QB in the portal for next year.

Again I know Marucci may not show it in practice, but on some level I’m still wondering what the coaches saw when watching this QB group and deciding Griffis was so far ahead and worthy of lots of benefit of the doubt.

It’s nice to be on the other side of the Awesome Backup QB Curse for once.

Seems that Santino has earned another start. But with the next game against the Noles, which is going to be an indiscriminate massacre no matter who plays, if Santino goes down then we have three gimpy QBs and are possibly down to the 4th string. At some point we risk running out of QBs and then it's really going to get ugly.

So to all of you who are so sure it’s Marucci. Why was he a scout team RB a couple weeks ago? You really think the coaches opinion has changed after a good final drive?
I’m worried about their overall talent evaluation at this point. Looks like they were completely wrong about the order of all 3 of our QBs.

Next year's starting QB better not be on this roster. Mariucci was at least a gamer and seemed to have decent instincts, but this was against an awful Pitt team. Give Mariucci a shot. If the Kernol is healthy, bring him back in, but you have to go find a QB in the portal for next year.
Mariucci/Kernol 2024!

I’m worried about their overall talent evaluation at this point. Looks like they were completely wrong about the order of all 3 of our QBs.

Have Conor or Les asked him about this yet?

Not only did Griffis look like the worst of the 3, Clawson and Ruggiero gave him the most to do. Rare inexcusable mistake of the Clawson era.

I guess the only goal left this year is to somehow limp to 6 wins and keep the bowl streak going. So really you’re doing whatever you can to give us a chance against State and Cuse. Seems like Mooch is the best option there, so I’d get him as many lives reps as possible even if it gets fugly.

Plus if Mitch really is dinged up might as well let him rest up, get some more tape on Mooch and then see where things land by the time you get to State game

I think they should start Marucci next week, that throw for the go ahead to win the game yesterday was just part of the many good things I saw in him yesterday. Seemed poised, made some good throws, and had the team support imo. The defense played good again yesterday also and O-line seemed to have shown back up. What a game. The slide before down marker was poetic karma to top it off.

I think they should start Marucci next week, that throw for the go ahead to win the game yesterday was just part of the many good things I saw in him yesterday. Seemed poised, made some good throws, and had the team support imo. The defense played good again yesterday also and O-line seemed to have shown back up. What a game. The slide before down marker was poetic karma to top it off.
It was the best throw by a Wake QB this season.

I guess the only goal left this year is to somehow limp to 6 wins and keep the bowl streak going. So really you’re doing whatever you can to give us a chance against State and Cuse. Seems like Mooch is the best option there, so I’d get him as many lives reps as possible even if it gets fugly.
I think Duke is also winnable. Just need 2 more. If we somehow get to 6 and make a bowl then I’m pleased with this season. Even preseason when I thought Mitch didn’t suck I thought our ceiling was 7.

Have Conor or Les asked him about this yet?

Not only did Griffis look like the worst of the 3, Clawson and Ruggiero gave him the most to do. Rare inexcusable mistake of the Clawson era.

No, but it’s time.

How the hell anyone could argue against starting a guy with one week of practice winning a game against guys who have had 3 years practicing at the position. I also think we should wait until giving him more 1st. team reps and game experience to say he cant be a good qb. Just my opinion.

Back