• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Question for 20 plus year Wake fans??

childressfor3

Reaction score
Weirdest/ worse Wake win against Carolina you've ever seen? It is for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Weirdest/ worse Wake win against Carolina you've ever seen? It is for me.

Yes, but this is a classic Roy Williams team. 5 individuals rarely playing together as a team. Now if Wake can just hit free throws. 50% (until the last minute) won't fly on the road.

Agreed. Just texted a buddy that I'd rather take the soul crushing home loss to Stack and Sheed my freshman year over this. That was a great game between two great teams and a ACC Championship Game preview.

Fan since 1976, but the total stench since [Redacted] took over has really dampened (pissed all over) my passion for Wake basketball. We beat a UNC team that played as bad as any Doherty team ever did. Not impressed, though happy for the players.

A win over Carolina is always a good day.

This is something the kids can talk about for the rest of their lives, beating a ranked Carolina team. At this rate we'll never rid ourselves of Bzz though.

Agree a win over those ass holes is always great, it just feels so bitter sweet though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It was an emotionless game. The crowd sucked the atmosphere sucked. I have never seen a court stormed with 100 fans.

But it was still grat beating the Tarheels

Give the team credit. UNC has much superior talent and size. Out team out-gutted them. Considering our youth and lack of top talent, I actually think it was one of Wake's best wins against Carolina.

We were pretty good at breaking UNC's press. And we played hard. That was about it. It also tells you how bad UNC played.

Amazing the difference between that 3OT game they showed the flashback of vs. this game. 10 years ago I would have been on cloud 9 after a win. After tonight's game, I barely had any more joy than if I had just watched Minnesota beat Purdue or any other random game. That's what so shocking about all this- the absolute apathy, even after beating Carolina. It's amazing.

I'm in an unrecoverable spin. I'm pissed at Bz because I couldn't muster an emotion after beating UNC at home.

Well I was elated. So happy for the team. They are fun to watch play. This was truly a team win. 4 guys in double figures.

We won against a marginal UNC team. Now, time to watch House Hunters with the wife.

I feel much like I did after the Miami game last year. I'm happy for the players to get a big win but I can't help but feel a sense of dread about what it means for Buzz's future.

Back