• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Question To Bzz Outers.. What make Bz such a bad coach?

djev336

Reaction score
Question To Bzz Outers.. What make Bz such a bad coach?

And before this thread references the stats on firebz.com, please keep this quote commonly attributed to Mark Twain in mind.

"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics."

Lack of ability to translate X's and O's to the kids. Plus his coaching history speaks volumes.

Alright so outside of the obvious - which is simply that he fails to win college basketball games?

Have you watched one interview with the man? Have you listened to one post game? Does he come across as even the slightest bit of an inspiring figure? He's like watching paint dry - and this is not just one case. Every fucking time. So many examples - television interviews, his radio show, in person.

Would you get excited to play for this loser? Would he inspire you at halftime?

so the only way we can prove he's a terrible coach with a terrible history (stats) cannot be cited?

so the only way we can prove he's a terrible coach with a terrible history (stats) cannot be cited?

exactly. tell me why he's a terrible coach, but don't show me all the games he's lost as a coach.

listen, at the end of the day, who the fuck knows why he loses so much - but I don't care. just want him gone.

It's one thing to know so much about something. I have 0 doubts the guy understands and knows the game. It is an entirely different thing to be able to teach the game, have people prepared and get your message through. Another troubling thing is his inability to have his teams prepared to play on the road. I know it is extremely difficult to win on the road but his teams are historically bad on the road. I do not know what he does in terms of team preparation but I hope to god he is trying different things when it comes to road games because if he is going through the same type of preparation for road games that he has in the past, it is no wonder why they play horrible on the road.

Also I am guessing he isn't the best at being able to inspire. I don't think Shaka or Stevens know more about basketball than Jeff but you can watch their teams and see something you will never see from Jeff's teams. Their kids would run through a brick wall for him. You never watch a Butler or VCU game; and see any of their 5 players giving less than 100% at all times.

Lack of ability to translate X's and O's to the kids. Plus his coaching history speaks volumes.

The X's & O's and relating them to the players? That is a strength of Bz and a very hard point to argue without being a player on the team. I'm not sure what you are comparing them to, but I sure as heck see organization on offense now that he has more talent to work with.

What I saw with the Miami game is a Wake team that pushed the ball up the court early in the shot clock and took the shots if they were there, or reset and ran set plays if a good look wasn't there. I see a coach that is coaching to the teams strengths and running sets that maximize the available talent. I also see a guard in Madison Jones that is starting to finish plays and CMM developing the confidence that he will need to be the player that he has to be for Wake to have a chance at the post season next year. Also, the players look motivated and show pride. From the way your comment came off, its like Wake hoops is hopeless, the team is a mess, and the players don't wanna play for their coach. I just don't see this. Wake is a few plays or a few bounces of the ball from being on a nice winning streak.

one reason he has lost so many games is that he has inherited god awful teams. he did eventually turn CU into a winner even though it was after he left. those where still his guys on those teams, and he did it at air force. I remember the game where they demolished us. But in retrospect of those small successes, his failures as a coach vastly out shine his 2 winnings seasons as a coach during his career

exactly. tell me why he's a terrible coach, but don't show me all the games he's lost as a coach.

listen, at the end of the day, who the fuck knows why he loses so much - but I don't care. just want him gone.

stats can be misleading and are often used in marketing to make things look better than what they are.

The X's & O's and relating them to the players? That is a strength of Bz and a very hard point to argue without being a player on the team. I'm not sure what you are comparing them to, but I sure as heck see organization on offense now that he has more talent to work with.

What I saw with the Miami game is a Wake team that pushed the ball up the court early in the shot clock and took the shots if they were there, or reset and ran set plays if a good look wasn't there. I see a coach that is coaching to the teams strengths and running sets that maximize the available talent. I also see a guard in Madison Jones that is starting to finish plays and CMM developing the confidence that he will need to be the player that he has to be for Wake to have a chance at the post season next year. Also, the players look motivated and show pride. From the way your comment came off, its like Wake hoops is hopeless, the team is a mess, and the players don't wanna play for their coach. I just don't see this. Wake is a few plays or a few bounces of the ball from being on a nice winning streak.

So you are telling me that historically he can relate to his players and get them to do what he wants them to do. Have you heard his post games? He says over and over that he CAN'T GET THEM TO DO WHAT HE WANTS THEM TO DO.

one reason he has lost so many games is that he has inherited god awful teams. he did eventually turn CU into a winner even though it was after he left. those where still his guys on those teams, and he did it at air force. I remember the game where they demolished us. But in retrospect of those small successes, his failures as a coach vastly out shine his 2 winnings seasons as a coach during his career

This is just not true.

... a few bounces of the ball from being on a nice winning streak.

That's it. I'm done. I want to put a bullet in my own head - I can't be on these boards anymore. You're right... and maybe by next year, we'll put enough wins together to get that NIT bid that has evaded this ballsack of a coach.

great post, but its hard to say that a guy has inherited really bad teams and improved situations and still hold the bad teams that he inherited against him. dean smith, coach k, or bob knight has trouble winning with the teams that Bz was handed.

Doesn't win, doesn't represent the university well and shirks responsibility at every turn. He doesn't have the in game management skills to make up for his dreadful personality and has failed to become part of the Wake Forest community which is essential given Wake's unique circumstances (small, academically elite, etc. )

That's it. I'm done. I want to put a bullet in my own head - I can't be on these boards anymore. You're right... and maybe by next year, we'll put enough wins together to get that NIT bid that has evaded this ballsack of a coach.

the NIT is a lot harder to make than it used to be since the smaller conferences have automatic ins.

compare their winning percentage over the past 3 years and ours....

Playing devils advocate...you don't think their new coaches had anything to do with it? If that is the case, he has gotten us in the right place and can leave now so we can start winning.

stats can be misleading and are often used in marketing to make things look better than what they are.

33 - 56

There is NOTHING misleading about that statistic. It is straight forward, direct, and represents what a head coach should be judged on. Done - conversation over.

33 - 56

in the two years after buzz left CU they had 24 win season and this season is looking like a 20+ win season for them.. we jump for joy if we get 15.. just saying

great post, but its hard to say that a guy has inherited really bad teams and improved situations and still hold the bad teams that he inherited against him. dean smith, coach k, or bob knight has trouble winning with the teams that Bz was handed.

Wow, bzzz's name uttered in the same sentence as those other coaches...

Back