• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Rand Paul Making New Friends

bushdance.gif

but that would mean, you know, actually doing things black people want done. How do they get around that?

If Rand makes any progress in the primaries, the only real question is whether a competing 'Pub or the Dems revisit Rand's comments about voting against the Civil Rights Act or his defense of the "Southern Avenger". Herman Cain, Rand, and Ben Carson aren't the solution for the GOP's problem with Blacks. Hoping for 30% of the Black vote after the birthers and signs/emails of Witch Doctor Obama or Monkey Obama is laughable.

If Rand makes any progress in the primaries, the only real question is whether a competing 'Pub or the Dems revisit Rand's comments about voting against the Civil Rights Act or his defense of the "Southern Avenger". Herman Cain, Rand, and Ben Carson aren't the solution for the GOP's problem with Blacks. Hoping for 30% of the Black vote after the birthers and signs/emails of Witch Doctor Obama or Monkey Obama is laughable.

Rand has a much bigger problem from the right than the middle imo.

Yeah gonna be tough to make inroads with people of color when you've publicly and continuously stated that you're against the Civil Rights Act.

I think Rand has some interesting ideas. He's probably too far right for me to vote for him, but I think he has some ideas worth considering.

He has SOME ideas I agree with, but the spouting off about abolishing the Civil Rights stuff is way too much. I could go with libertarians if they actually stood by it and not some convoluted conservative/sometimes we want government out of our lives type shit.

He has SOME ideas I agree with, but the spouting off about abolishing the Civil Rights stuff is way too much. I could go with libertarians if they actually stood by it and not some convoluted conservative/sometimes we want government out of our lives type shit.

Have you read any libertarians coming out about the local government abuse in the St. Louis area? You'd think they'd be against that.

He's also retreated from his statement about repealing the CRA, which he made 4 years ago.

That's not really something anyone should have said 4 years ago. It's not like anything has changed over the last 4 years that would influence somebody to change their mind on it.

Thanks for the link, Junebug. I hadn't seen it. Do you have any links that pertain to what I was talking about?

He's changed his mind about wanting to repeal a Civil Rights Act that has been in effect for almost a half century in four years? I would love to see a statement about that. I give a lot of credit to people who change their mind based on new information but I'm going to be hard pressed to consider that too seriously when he enters the national spotlight and suddenly shifts on his outlandish, ridiculous views.

He's changed his mind about wanting to repeal a Civil Rights Act that has been in effect for almost a half century in four years? I would love to see a statement about that. I give a lot of credit to people who change their mind based on new information but I'm going to be hard pressed to consider that too seriously when he enters the national spotlight and suddenly shifts on his outlandish, ridiculous views.

He was an ophthalmologist 4 years ago.

Back