• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Re-watchable TV shows

to just mindlessly re-watch something, I'd say most sitcoms fit the bill. contained storylines, memorable characters, plus the familiarity to go "Oh, is this the one where...?" and then sit down and watch it. I do this most with Seinfeld and Friends, but also Arrested Development (which I have to specifically seek out to turn on, rather than the syndicated ones which are just always on), Full House (yep), Entourage, Fresh Prince, King of Queens, Modern Family, The Office, etc. I'd also include action/crime dramas - Criminal Minds, Burn Notice.

If I were to deem a whole series rewatchable (as in, I would start at S1, E1 and watch it all the way through), I'd say West Wing and LOST. I haven't seen The Wire but intend to watch it soon and feel like it will fit that bill.

I'm currently on my fourth go of The West Wing and I've watched the Wire every year since 2008. Band of Brothers is also great.

Currently Arrested Development is something I can, and do, watch repeatedly.

Others

The Office (U.K.)
Star Trek (Kirk) - the 1/2 of episodes that are good
Star Trek: TNG - the 2/3 of episodes that are good
Police Squad! (all 6 episodes) - I'm sure 95% of you haven't heard of this, but it's the series that spawned the "Naked Gun" movies.
Space Ghost: Coast to coast
Robot Chicken
MST3K, especially with Gamera

I'll stop there, this could go for a bit.

Last edited:
Recently started this for the 1st time.
I'm envious of you ...binge watching x files would have been my crack back in the 90's. btw, Gillian Anderson is still smoking hot in Hannibal.

I'm currently on my fourth go of The West Wing and I've watched the Wire every year since 2008. Band of Brothers is also great.

58% of people think you watch too much West Wing, and 47% think it should be cut.

Currently Arrested Development is something I can, and do, watch repeatedly.

Others

Police Squad! (all 6 episodes) - I'm sure 95% of you haven't heard of this, but it's the series that spawned the "Naked Gun" movies.
Space Ghost: Coast to coast
MST3K, especially with Gamera

Yes to all these, adding in Harvey Birdman: Attorney at Law. Though, I haven't watched any MST3K in years. Most South Park episodes are also rewatchable, except the few that weren't funny the first time. I'll also rewatch River Monsters on occasion, because some of that stuff is insane.

Glad to see a couple of Las Vegas fans. Vanessa Marcil was hugely under appreciated. It was a pretty solid cast.

Upstairs, Downstairs
Downton Abbey
Cheers
Northern Exposure
Freaks and Geeks
Square Pegs
Gilmore Girls
WKRP in Cincinnati

Soap
All In the Family
M*A*S*H
West Wing
Hustle (the ones with Adrian Lester)
Burn Notice
White Collar

Notice that not a single reality TV show has been mentioned. HBO, AMC, TBS, TNT all realized that syndication was never going to work with these Big Brother, American Idol etc. programs and went back to making actual quality shows.

Upstairs, Downstairs
Downton Abbey
Cheers
Northern Exposure
Freaks and Geeks
Square Pegs
Gilmore Girls
WKRP in Cincinnati

Damn it. I forgot about Freaks and Geeks. Multiple viewings of that series.

Back