• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Recommend good stuff you've seen on Netflix streaming

trying to get the wife to watch Glow with me. She is not interested.

GLOW is good. Brie does look way different than even when she did Sleeping with other people or How to be Single (2015, 2016). I think its a combo of her losing weight, shorter hair and the 70s clothes. In the show part of her character is that you cant tell what she is, so they prolly told her to ugly it up a little. She doesnt necessarily look worse just different.

She's not wearing any makeup all series. That's most of it.

The hair and weight loss definitely change her look. Her lips also look different -- maybe she had some work done? I know man, I don't know.
I've only watched the first three eps. All the dialogue about her character explains what look they were going for. Kinda of two face. Kinda Glenn Close in Fatal Attraction.

Finished GLOW. Enjoyed it throughout, but the last 3 or 4 episodes were particularly good. Marc Maron, man. Impressive.

I'm 5 eps in and it's steadily getting better. Happy to see it peaks at the end.

A show like this is the spiritual descendant of LOST that networks were desperate for in the late 00s.

I haven't seen glow, but I heard it's about lady rasslers. If so, y'all should google the fabulous moolah. She was the original and I got to meet her a couple times when I worked for her lawyer, who was a real John Grisham character fella. It was sur-real looking back

I haven't seen glow, but I heard it's about lady rasslers. If so, y'all should google the fabulous moolah. She was the original and I got to meet her a couple times when I worked for her lawyer, who was a real John Grisham character fella. It was sur-real looking back

Yeah... she single handedly ruined the lives and careers of countless women and held women's wrestling back for decades. Hell, she would literally act as a pimp when the wrestlers would travel, sending out the other women on the roster to certain notables in the area. She also insisted that she receive the pay for every woman on the roster and then she would pass it out, after she got her cut. Remember when Wendy Richter was super popular back in the 80s with Cyndi Lauper? Know why that all disappeared? Moolah didn't want someone around that could work outside of her system. She was an absolutely despicable person who I hope is either forgotten about or is used as a warning for others.

GLOW is pretty good though. My wife really enjoyed it also.

Man, I never knew that. Interesting. I mostly know about Moolah from the silly stuff she did with Mae Young in the early 00s or so. I definitely remember the Rock n' Wrestling stuff with Lauper, Richter, and Captain Lou Albano.

Mentioned the show to my wife. She remembers watching GLOW back in the day as well. She didn't like Orange is the New Black, but I think she'll like this.

She would come by our offices every once in a while. One time she came after an eye doctor appt and was wearing the big dark sunglasses. She was with the midget she lived with and used to rassle with. On their way out, my boss said "Hey Moolah, I hope the midgets driving!"

I finished GLOW last night. Man, that was a lot of fun. I can't remember a show with such a large ensemble cast in which I truly liked every character. All of them were good and served a purpose. It would have been easy to set up a face and a heel. Instead, they gave us nuanced characters and relationships with some depth. I thought we'd get to know more of the characters better, but there's plenty of ground to cover in future seasons. The finale was so much fun. I marked out at the end.

Probs to the costume, set design, and location scouts. Everything about it felt 80s without screaming "hey this is the 80s!" Somewhere along the way, probably the run of Mad Men, TV figured out how to do period shows without being obnoxious about it. GLOW and Better Call Saul are brilliantly subtle about it.

Last edited:
Im sure this has been brought up but the show Shameless on Netflix is really good

I'm always kind of shocked when I see Shameless and Ray Donovan receiving Emmy noms. I haven't seen either, but I also don't know anyone that has watched either one of them. Apparently they're good shows, but I can't help but be a little sad that The Leftovers didn't receive anything. I thought they had a real shot at getting nominated for best drama, best actor and supporting actor (the priest) in a drama. All kind of moot I guess since Westworld is going to clean up.

Last edited:
It's a wrestling fan term. Look it up.

Caught the first two episodes of "Friends From College" today. Opener was slow; second was funny. Hope it improves. Great cast.

Caught the first two episodes of "Friends From College" today. Opener was slow; second was funny. Hope it improves. Great cast.

Sepinwall gave it a scathing review. I was surprised. I love the cast.

Back