• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Recommend good stuff you've seen on Netflix streaming

Watched Hyena Road on Netflix. It's about Canadian forces in Afghanistan. Good combat sequences and the overview of the big base in Kandahar was cool. Non combat dialogue acting was meh but enough shooting to keep you in the movie. Also evidently the communications were accurate per a friend of mine in the US army who did the same stuff in a different area of Afghanistan. Anyway worth watching.

Me and the creamiest toy in the land are looking for something else fucked up to watch on Netflix. We liked Honeymoon, Clown, and pretty much all suggestions yall have offered. Thx in advance

Me and the creamiest toy in the land are looking for something else fucked up to watch on Netflix. We liked Honeymoon, Clown, and pretty much all suggestions yall have offered. Thx in advance

Check out Okja and let us know if it's any good? It doesn't look that fucked up, but Bong Joon Ho usually delivers.

I liked both seasons of Master of None a lot. Don't really have an opinion about which is better, as they were both great.

Enjoying GLOW thus far, though it is weird to see Mark Maron's voice coming out of a person on screen rather than my headphones.

Re: GLOW, Alison Brie looks so different from her time on Community. Older, facial features sharper and more angular.

Re: GLOW, Alison Brie looks so different from her time on Community. Older, facial features sharper and more angular.

She's 34 now. She started Community in her mid-20s and she was playing a kid right out of high school. Still hot AF. Didn't realize she recently married Dave Franco. Good guy. Lucky dude.

GLOW is good. Brie does look way different than even when she did Sleeping with other people or How to be Single (2015, 2016). I think its a combo of her losing weight, shorter hair and the 70s clothes. In the show part of her character is that you cant tell what she is, so they prolly told her to ugly it up a little. She doesnt necessarily look worse just different.

The hair and weight loss definitely change her look. Her lips also look different -- maybe she had some work done? I know man, I don't know.

Okja was very good. The tonal shift from beginning to end is stark. It makes me want a pet pig even more than I already did.

Season 1 of Fargo was the best of the three. Hot damn that was fucking good. That sling blade fella was great. (Hulu).

Okja: The first hour is sort of this zany caper that film that starts in the mountains of Japan and ends up with a crazy scene in the Tokyo metro. Its surprising and legitimately good. After that it slows down and has some cringe worthy SJW elements. First half is a solid B and second half is like a C-. Still watchable but not great. Also, Gyllenhal is horrible.

I enjoyed Okja but am not surprised that a lot of people didn't. Bong Joon Ho is definitely not for everyone. The tone is all over the place and it goes from light hearted and goofy to heavy and back again several times. It is pretty heavy handed but for me it worked.

And yea I don't know what to think of Jake Gyllenhaal but he seemed to be playing Brian Fellows on meth and having a hell of a time doing it

Watching GLOW. My Mad Men sensitivities have been shaken.

Back