• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Recommend good stuff you've seen on Netflix streaming

I was never able to move past the bald dude reading Tale of Two Cities to the prostitute. Like, on the screen. For like 5 minutes. Just reading it.

It stops being symbolism when you have to tell us exactly what you mean by it.

the new season of orange is the new black is terrible. I've really liked that show but it is totally off the rails now.

I watch it with the wife. I mean, I don't think it was ever great so maybe I don't necessarily see it tailing off THAT much in the more recent seasons, but it is a little bit worse. Part of the problem is they have way too many characters/threads going. The overall premise of this season did highlight the ridiculousness of a prison show with a comedic tone trying to do a riot storyline and have it make any kind of sense.

Watched zodiac over the weekend in a bunch of 15 minute-ish increments. Took about 3 days to finish but was p good. I think it would get old if watched in one sitting.

Episode 6 of Master of None Season 2 (New York, I Love You) may be my favorite single episode of TV I've watched this year.

Yeah, its good other than being a more or less a ripoff of a movie(s) that it explicitly names.

Have you seen New York, I Love You, or Paris, Je T'aime?

I think you're looking for the word "homage."

Yeah, its good other than being a more or less a ripoff of a movie(s) that it explicitly names.

Have you seen New York, I Love You, or Paris, Je T'aime?

I have! It's been a long time (saw it in the theater), but I recall liking that as well.

I loved the thanksgiving episode of Master of none. Thought it was absolutely fantastic.

Just finished S1 of Dark Matter last night. Thought it was wicked fun. Cised to start S2. And really looking forward to Killjoys starting back up soon.

Just finished S1 of Dark Matter last night. Thought it was wicked fun. Cised to start S2. And really looking forward to Killjoys starting back up soon.

I just started this on a whim, without knowing anything at all except it was sci fi (and I'm looking for a good, new sci fi series). Barely 20 minutes in so far but I'll give it a thorough chance. I've also restarted Enterprise, the only Trek series I've only seen one time through.

I loved the thanksgiving episode of Master of none. Thought it was absolutely fantastic.

Yeah. It was good.

So do you all think Season 2 of Master of None was better than Season 1? I'm torn. My wife thought Season 1 was clearly better. I think it's close. Both had several standout episodes and then shifted to a focus on relationships at the end. The episodes featuring Dev and his friends families and the struggles of being single in both seasons were probably the best episodes. My wife's argument was there was too much drama in Season 2. It was good, but too intense.

I disagree with your wife. I thought the relationship plot was masterful and the season finale ending was killer.

I like 2 a lot, but my wife hated the last few eps with the relationship drama. Weird ending too. Still an outstanding season. Even with subpar acting.

Yeah. It took me a few weeks before watching the last two eps because I knew it was going to be heavy relationships stuff.

I thought she was credibly hot. Like you could imagine a woman that type of really hot having her life story. Girl next door hot. Great casting.

Season two was better. Fewer hilarious moments maybe. More relationship stuff. There was a more coherent story arc for the season. More stand alone episodes in season one. Both worked well but were a little different. The episode with the dinner with parents was far and away the best in season one as far as I remember.

I think the thanksgiving episode highlights the generally weak acting among the regular cast members. Denise's mom, aunt, and girlfriends are just miles better than the core actors.

The opposite problem of another millennial darling: Insecure. Good acting, weak writing in that one.

I think the thanksgiving episode highlights the generally weak acting among the regular cast members. Denise's mom, aunt, and girlfriends are just miles better than the core actors.

Getting Angela Basset and Kym Whitley was a coup.

The religion episode had this issue too. Aziz' parents couldn't hang with the actors playing the religious friends. It would be better if Aziz' parents only had scenes with Aziz.

I thought Season 1 had a more cohesive storyline. It was all about Dev and Rachel by the midpoint. In Season 2, there wasn't much romantic tension between Dev and Francesca in Italy. Then she kind of just showed up.

I'm fine with the show exploring different themes so it doesn't need to be cohesive though.

I have loved both seasons of Master of None but I'll give season one the slight edge mainly to: 1) the season opener in season 2 that was all in Italian- did not dig that (note: i was drinking and that may have impacted my subtitle reading) and 2) I'm generally not a big fan of will they or won't they relationship plotlines.

Back