• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Recommend good stuff you've seen on Netflix streaming

I was on the fence as to whether to recommend this or not, but the ending really got me. It’s a slow-burn type show with a good emotional payoff.

I think they did a really good job with the emotions between James and his wives. The end was interesting, but I think they were a little sloppy getting there. It’s like they knew where they wanted to end, but had an episode quota to fill.

Hadn’t watched contagion in awhile so watched last night. Pretty eerie how similar it is with current times

Have finished up Ramy and Brockmire recently. Both are fantastic.

Never did get around to watching Narcos due to marriage, kid, etc. Glad I got around to it. First two seasons outstanding. Third not as good but legitimate tension in the later episodes. The white guy DEA guys should’ve just been left out. Pena and the Narcos made that show.

Now onto Narcos Mexico.

Disney+ adding Frozen 2 on Sunday, a full three months ahead of schedule.

Not nearly as good as the first. Not even particularly good, actually. First one had a classic Disney feel. A couple years ago they could’ve both eaten a bag of dicks, but becoming a dad changes things, particularly what’s on the tv.

Frozen 2 was entirely nonsensical. No idea why it took Disney so long to make it if that was the final product

Michael Pena is so bad in Narcos Mexico. Dude can’t meet his end soon enough. Apart from Pedro Pascal, every guy they’ve gotten to play DEA has been mediocre to awful.

Y'all know about Kanopy in these trying times? If you have a library card (or can apply for one remotely) or access to an institutional library, then you should definitely check it out. They've got the entire Criterion Collection streaming for free and a bunch of other stuff.

Frozen 2 was entirely nonsensical. No idea why it took Disney so long to make it if that was the final product

Once you watch it a few times and memorize every scene, it makes a lot more sense.

I'm only partially kidding.

Felt the story was convoluted at first, but it actually comes together pretty well on multiple viewings.

There is a bunch of random, convenient shit that happens... But it's a children's fantasy movie.

Watched all six episodes of The English Game this weekend. I enjoyed but am not going to act like its groundbreaking television. From the creator of Downton Abbey, about the early years of football (soccer) in the UK and the class struggle that went along with it.

To those interested, I will say the pilot was pretty meh but it got much better as the story advanced.

frozen 2 is very straightforward: Nature is pissed because they built the dam and fucked the natives

Watched all six episodes of The English Game this weekend. I enjoyed but am not going to act like its groundbreaking television. From the creator of Downton Abbey, about the early years of football (soccer) in the UK and the class struggle that went along with it.

To those interested, I will say the pilot was pretty meh but it got much better as the story advanced.

Been thinking about starting this. Thanks.

CRAZY. Meth and Tigers shouldn't mix.

No Doubt! Just heard about this show this morning reading reddit, five hours later I can believe I sat through the entire series in one sitting. You can't make this shit up.

Last edited:
Watched Honey Boy a couple of nights ago on Prime. Shia was great.

frozen 2 is very straightforward: Nature is pissed because they built the dam and fucked the natives

Yep. The message is straight forward, too. Hey white girls, your ancestors fucked over Native Americans. Your granddad is probably an asshole. It’s on you to fix it. Oh and guys, let your girl go on adventures and just be there when you’re needed. She’ll love you for it.

We've been powering through Schitt's Creek. It's pretty quirky, but I love it and think it's hilarious. And I also think it's gotten better as it's gone along.

We've been powering through Schitt's Creek. It's pretty quirky, but I love it and think it's hilarious. And I also think it's gotten better as it's gone along.

We're doing the same. We take it in small doses - especially due to the kids' schtick. David looks like he's always smelling a fart, and the sister is famous for her "David's!" Catherine O'Hara is our favorite.

Back