• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Recommend good stuff you've seen on Netflix streaming

The Good Wife ? Sheesh. Are you binge watching it because you just can't get enough ?

Sorta confused by all these takes.

It's a highly acclaimed show, good cast, Ridley Scott, well-written, fun a lot of the time, doesn't hit the drama too hard. Is it just the network stigma?

As a broadcast network television show which is usually stigmatised compared to its cable competitors, it has received what is considered unusual critical acclaim: USA Today said that The Good Wife is "broadcast's best drama", while The Atlantic said that the show "is delivering the best drama on network television".[59][60] TIME referred to it as "the best thing on TV outside cable".[61] TV critic Emily Nussbaum of The New Yorker compared Alicia Florrick, the show's protagonist, to Walter White of Breaking Bad.[62] Esquire called The Good Wife "The Best Show on Television Right Now (Both Network and Cable)," claiming that the season 5 episodes "Hitting The Fan" and "The Next Day" were possibly the best television episodes produced that year, noting, "It's a rare show that starts to come into its own in the middle of its fifth season, but somehow CBS's The Good Wife has managed to do it."[63] Chancellor Agard of The Daily Beast said, "'Hitting the Fan' is so momentous because of the degree to which it contrasts with last week's equally excellent episode, 'Outside the Bubble.'" [64] Don Kaplan of the New York Daily News said, "Now the drama's in its fifth season, a time when most shows either go on autopilot or start offering "very special" shark-jumping episodes. But the producers and cast of Wife somehow managed to kick over the chessboard where the show has been played for years, scattering the pieces to the wind and reinventing The Good Wife as one of the most gripping dramas on television. Period."[65] It was named the Favorite Current TV Show by the Harris Poll.[66] In 2013, TV Guide ranked the series #59 on its list of the 60 Best Series of All Time.[67]

ETA: Didn't watch the original run, this is our first time through, maybe that's teh confusion, biff?

Last edited:
I watched ZeroZeroZero and thought it was great. Episodes are structured interestingly, playing with flashback/simultaneous timelines. Takes you a lot of places for an 8 episode run. I certainly recommend.

Forgot to mention but also has a killer soundtrack

Anybody watch the Netflix documentary on Epstein, Filthy Rich? I'm 3/4 of the way through it. I came into it knowing only the basics about his story, and I've been blown away with (a) his truly immense wealth and the complete lack of information about how he actually acquired it and (b) the sheer volume of awful things he was able to get away with for so very long. The documentary has a lot of focus on the victims, allowing them a voice through the interviews. It's a little superficial, but a good primer if you are as relatively uninformed as I was.

I feel bad for the cops down in Florida who put together a crazy strong case against him only for Acosta to just sweetheart him out of it. Infuriating watch, and it barely scratched the surface on the broader criminal conspiracy he ran.

Also odd that James Patterson was a producer, given his ties to Clinton.

I feel bad for the cops down in Florida who put together a crazy strong case against him only for Acosta to just sweetheart him out of it. Infuriating watch, and it barely scratched the surface on the broader criminal conspiracy he ran.

Also odd that James Patterson was a producer, given his ties to Clinton.

I pause when I see it pop up and keep deciding it would be bad for my health to watch.

Finished up season 3 of Ozark. Man that show is exhausting. Every episode has some big twist or turn. Looking forward to the final season 4 and see how it all ends. Glad they are not extending it beyond that. Not all series need to go on and on.

Haven't followed this thread but got into BlackAF last night that shit is hilarious

We like it, too, but Kenya Barris is sooo freaking needy. The contrast between him and when he meets Tyler Perry is quite striking.

I LOVED this show when it came out. "Lord and Miller" meant nothing to me at the time, glad they can use their newfound clout to bring this back.

Finished up season 3 of Ozark. Man that show is exhausting. Every episode has some big twist or turn. Looking forward to the final season 4 and see how it all ends. Glad they are not extending it beyond that. Not all series need to go on and on.

We loved Ozark but yep can be exhausting. So much high tension in every episode and ill never get enough of Jason Bateman's trademark brand of calm condescension/snark in everything he does.

We like it, too, but Kenya Barris is sooo freaking needy. The contrast between him and when he meets Tyler Perry is quite striking.

yeah he's needy but that deadpan never-smiling incredulity about everything the family is doing is spot on. I only saw ep 1 and 2 last night

Last edited:
We loved Ozark but yep can be exhausting. So much high tension in every episode and ill never get enough of Jason Bateman's trademark brand of calm condescension/snark in everything he does.

I pretty much like anything with Bateman. Love his style and delivery. If you haven't seen it try Game Night.

Really dug Broadchurch s1. s2 was ok, but I sort of lost it early, though I finished it. Didn't feel like going into 3, but maybe I'll look it up and see what the consensus is. But yeah, Olivia Colman, David Tennant and Jodie Whittaker? Good stuff.

Just finished S3 last night. I thought it finished up the series really strong, and liked that it even closed up some things from S1 and S2. I would definitely give it a shot.

Watched first 2 episodes of warrior nun last night. Surprisingly enjoyable. Plenty of cheesy stuff but fun. Favorite part was probably the tagline: how many fu**s given? Nun

Might be for the comic book thread but Have we already discussed She-Ra ? Some good shit. My daughter fucking loved it and it’s actually a fun watch for grown ups. Good 80s Saturday morning cartoon vibe but very woke

Might be for the comic book thread but Have we already discussed She-Ra ? Some good shit. My daughter fucking loved it and it’s actually a fun watch for grown ups. Good 80s Saturday morning cartoon vibe but very woke

I've never seen it but it pisses off the people I like to see pissed off (40+ year old dudes saying "This SJW bullshit ain't MY She-Ra", so I'm inferring it's pretty good.

Back