• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Recommend good stuff you've seen on Netflix streaming

Dark is really, really well done. About to wrap season 3, and it has held up along the way!

It is excellent. It is so easy to make a wrong turn in a series like it, and while I felt that they may have bit of more than they could chew by the end, I was ultimately satisfied by the ending.

Forgot to mention that I watched the first episodes of Dave while on Dad Duty last night and enjoyed it. Big fan of the actress who plays his GF too (PH would approve.) The cast around Little Dicky is solid.

Also I started the High Fidelity reboot a few weeks ago but kind of lost it half way in. Might try to finish later. Zoe Kravitz is great but the show was a little too predictable/basic even with the bi-racial/sexual angles.

Forgot to mention that I watched the first episodes of Dave while on Dad Duty last night and enjoyed it. Big fan of the actress who plays his GF too (PH would approve.) The cast around Little Dicky is solid.

Also I started the High Fidelity reboot a few weeks ago but kind of lost it half way in. Might try to finish later. Zoe Kravitz is great but the show was a little too predictable/basic even with the bi-racial/sexual angles.

I've also watched the first few episodes of Dave. The end of the episode with the memorial service was pretty great. Just haven't had the time to go any further with it.

oof. i'm a couple of eps behind but that's not promising.

i've been wanting to watch "i'm thinking about ending things" (new charlie kaufman movie!) on netflix but haven't gotten around to it yet

Keep in mind Juice thought Watchmen was meh.

I think I expressed my approval of Dave’s girlfriend earlier in this thread or another thread. There’s a Lil Dicky video where you get to see a little more of her.

Anyone else try Lasso?

I like it so far

didn't like the return of kreese?

No, not really. But the bigger issue, partly due to Kreese, was the laughablyforced conflict between the two dojos in order to try and mirror the plot of the original movie.
It just got super dumb and hard to watch, at least for me. That fight in the last ep was LOLbad. And Hawk became an even bigger caricature of himself than he was at the end of S1.
But don't get me wrong, I'll still watch S3.

I mean its just a fun show that you need to suspend belief a lot. I mean the main plot is a super successful and now rich luxury car dealership owner cares that a small dojo gets opened by his childhood rival he hasnt seen in 30 years. The fact that pretty much every conflict could be solved by an extra two sentences in dialogue. Also somehow characters keep ending up at the same places despite it being LA, like there is apparently a single bar, a single restaurant, etc..

That’s how TV shows work in general. All these people in LA or NY end up in the same places.

I think the show has done a good job intertangling the lives of the characters to make the interactions make sense. The action seems centered in one areas of the Valley.

I mean its just a fun show that you need to suspend belief a lot. I mean the main plot is a super successful and now rich luxury car dealership owner cares that a small dojo gets opened by his childhood rival he hasnt seen in 30 years. The fact that pretty much every conflict could be solved by an extra two sentences in dialogue. Also somehow characters keep ending up at the same places despite it being LA, like there is apparently a single bar, a single restaurant, etc..

Oh for sure, and that's why I loved S1 so much. S2 just felt forced and in my opinion just wasn't nearly as good.

if you don't mind a dubbed show, i found these two superhero-type shows good and you get used to the dubbing...

Freaks, you are one of us (netflix) - german

Unknown Origins (netflix) - spanish

Back