• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Recommend good stuff you've seen on Netflix streaming

I somehow missed the news when it broke, but Justified is getting a reboot for a mini-series.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/ente...back-limited-series-city-primeval/6528441001/

Olyphant is always solid (especially if you're my wife), but Justified was the sum of its parts and had GREAT characters all around. You just got quickly immersed into Kentucky within the first episode or two of that series, and I'm not sure how they're going to pull it off with him being in Detroit. Maybe a fish out of water thing?

Wife and I decided to take the Yellowstone plunge. Two episodes in and we both like it so far. I'll watch anything Taylor Sheridan does at this point.

Started watching Ray Donovan, mostly because I was intrigued as to why it got nominated for so many things yet nobody I know had ever seen it.

After season 1, I think I’ve got the answers to those questions. For one, it’s a show that feels like it has been done before. It’s just a tough guy, fixer show. It reminds me of 80s/90s actions movies: entertaining enough, but far fetched and doesn’t really hit on anything original. The acting from the main cast is good, the rest, not so much. I’m going to keep watching, but I don’t think at this point I would recommend. I also can’t imagine many people’s wives would enjoy it, Liev Shreiber or not. I know mine didn’t. She said it was just “Scandal” for guys.

Last edited:
I didn't invest a lot into Ray Donovan, maybe 2 episodes. It seems like it's pretty good at what it does, I'm just not that into "beefy guy fixes problems".

Speaking of... ditto all that for 2 episodes of Reacher, just with more beef.

Started watching Ray Donovan, mostly because I was intrigued as to why it got nominated for so many things yet nobody I know had ever seen it.

After season 1, I think I’ve got the answers to those questions. For one, it’s a show that feels like it has been done before. It’s just a tough guy, fixer show. It reminds me of 80s/90s actions movies: entertaining enough, but far fetched and doesn’t really hit on anything original. The acting from the main cast is good, the rest, not so much. I’m going to keep watching, but I don’t think at this point I would recommend. I also can’t imagine many people’s wives would enjoy it, Liev Shreiber or not. I know mine didn’t. She said it was just “Scandal” for guys.

My wife enjoyed it.

All told, I'm going to give Reacher a "go ahead and watch it" rating. It's not a character study nor a reflection on man's inhumanity to man. A big dude comes to town and kicks ass. That's pretty much it but it's rather good at what it is. If that works for you, I expect you'll like Reacher.

I've never seen Banshee but I looked it up and I see it features Anthony Starr, so I'm going to put it in queue.

I also never saw the Reacher movie with Tom Cruise. I can see why fans of the character from the books were so pissed at this casting because Reacher's size is legitimately one of his defining character traits.

Banshee is over the top and gratuitous pulp. Enjoyed it immensely.

Need to watch last night's ep. Excited because it looks like it's a Baby Billy ep.

I binged the entire first season this weekend. It is hilarious.

And McBride and Hill definitely know NC but Righteous Gemstones takes place in SC.

There are a ton of scenes filmed at the North Charleston Coliseum (the Pineapple arena if you've been there) in the righteous gemstones. I go to conferences there frequently so it's so weird to see John Goodman and Danny Mcbride doing crazy scenes there.

River Runner on Netflix was pretty awesome. For those who like the climbing docs, an epic whitewater kayaking doc likely will hit the spot as well.

Anyone give Wolf Like Me with Isla Fisher and Josh Gad on Peacock a chance? I though it was pretty good and I adore Isla Fisher lucky Borat.

I was a big Billions guy and now I can't watch another minute. I tried this season and bailed after 2 episodes. It's just terrible. I can't even get the energy to go into why it sucks so much now. It's become just nonsensical.

The first post-Axe episode was better than I was expecting (which wasn't much), but now it's just bad. Corey Stoll can't carry a show. Too bad - when the show was good it was really entertaining.

Just watched Behind Her Eyes... And ... Hoo boy. Freaky stuff. Mind fucked me

Back