• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Recommend good stuff you've seen on Netflix streaming

Binged "The 100" last week. Near future sci-fi. More depth than I imagined or expected. Hard to turn off once it draws you in.

Binged "The 100" last week. Near future sci-fi. More depth than I imagined or expected. Hard to turn off once it draws you in.

I do a “four for me, one for you” rotation with my wife since I have indisputably better taste and her one for the last six months has been a season of the 100 at a time. It isn’t terrible but if I hear the phrase “I have to save my people” one more time I’m going to lose it. They say “my people” 20 times minimum per episode.

Watched the first two episodes of Murderville and was dying. Great idea for a show and the guest stars were perfect choices.

Watched the first two episodes of Murderville and was dying. Great idea for a show and the guest stars were perfect choices.

I'm 3 in and I have to say I did not have "Marshawn Lynch's improv will have you howling" on my Netflix bingo card. He's a funny dude.

Like most shows derived from a British original, I see a lot of comments that "Murder in Successville" is better but :noidea:

Have we talked about Sex Education? What a brilliant show.

Power of the Dog, beautiful scenery, but shitty homoerotic slow waste of time- self important Hollywood shit

Have caught some episodes of Inventing Anna while my wife was watching and I could immediately tell it was a Shondaland show just from the bad writing and shit acting. The lead actress that plays the fake heiress is Tommy Wiseau-bad.

That’s too bad, she was so good in Ozark.

we already finished it and loved it. episode 3 had us rolling...

I thought Murderville was just ok. I thought there were some funny parts but there were a lot of moments where it was just not good. I thought the first ep with Conan was the funniest.

Would I enjoy Vikings ?

Netflix sent me an email and told me I should watch it.

I saw Netflix has another Vikings show now that fast forwards a couple hundred years. I may give it a gander. I lost interest in the original Vikings when they killed off the main guy. It wasn't that good of a show to begin with and I didn't want to deal with dumb plots involving his children and wives.

1883 finished up. I thought it was imperfect but ultimately satisfying and worth the watch. You don't have to be familiar with Yellowstone to enjoy it.

Watched The Power Of The Dog…some of y’all will hate it.

It’s not enjoyable. But I enjoyed the unexpected (horrific, satisfying) twist at the end and think it’s fascinating storytelling.

Watched the 1st episode of Winning Time and it was average at best. No interest in continuing...

Watched The Power Of The Dog…some of y’all will hate it.

It’s not enjoyable. But I enjoyed the unexpected (horrific, satisfying) twist at the end and think it’s fascinating storytelling.

We got about 10 minutes in on Saturday and shut it off.

Only Murders in the Building on Hulu was pretty good - Selena Gomez, Martin Short, Steve Martin.

Murderville is not good, but the Annie Murphy episode is.

Hope it’s a turn in the series.

Back