• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Recommend good stuff you've seen on Netflix streaming

Behind in the game on these, but wife and I started watching Morning Show and have both enjoyed it quite a bit. Will probs start S2 tonight. I've also been watching Euphoria (wifey is not down with it) and I've really liked it. It's totally fucked up, but a good watch so far.

Also, finished Our Flag Means Death a couple of weeks ago, but I had no idea it was loosely based on a true story until I was standing along the sea wall at Battery Park in Charleston and looked down and saw a small plaque that recognized, among other people, Stede Bonnet and his crew. I couldn't believe it and just lost my shit. Made finishing the show even better.

And then we watched The Bubble and saw a number of familiar actors from OFMD. It was a fun watch.

Really liked The Dropout. Watching Girl From Plainville on Hulu about a girl who went to jail for convincing her boyfriend to kill himself via texts. It's decent enough but probably not one of those shows that needs the full 8 eps to tell its story. The Dropout could've probably used another ep or two, however, since there's so much to pack in on this crazy story.

My daughter saw Is It Cake suggested on her profile and wanted to watch an episode. It was the dumbest show ever. Plus I think the guy who won cheated. My daughter deleted it from her timeline.

I felt bad that Mikey Day got thrown into that horrendous looking show considering he's one of my favorites on SNL right now.

I felt bad that Mikey Day got thrown into that horrendous looking show considering he's one of my favorites on SNL right now.

as host does he look exasperated and explain the jokes to the audience? that's every character of his on SNL.

Really liked The Dropout. Watching Girl From Plainville on Hulu about a girl who went to jail for convincing her boyfriend to kill himself via texts. It's decent enough but probably not one of those shows that needs the full 8 eps to tell its story. The Dropout could've probably used another ep or two, however, since there's so much to pack in on this crazy story.

Is the Girl from Plainville based on the true story of the girl that actually did that?

Also, finished Our Flag Means Death a couple of weeks ago, but I had no idea it was loosely based on a true story until I was standing along the sea wall at Battery Park in Charleston and looked down and saw a small plaque that recognized, among other people, Stede Bonnet and his crew. I couldn't believe it and just lost my shit. Made finishing the show even better.

You sound like a man who didn't attend fourth grade at a North Carolina public school

I taught a lot of Texans who knew shamefully little about pirates and lighthouses and shoals

i enjoyed the first 2 episodes of murderville. Conan losing it during a magic trick cracked me up.

My daughter started watching the Tangled tv show and while it’s not quite She-Ra good it’s surprisingly entertaining

If you need a show for your 5-7yr old, would recommend.

Through 3 episodes and I'm thoroughly enjoying "The Afterparty" on Apple TV. A who-dun-it comedy where every episode tells the story of the night through the eyes of a different character. Each episode is also done in a different style, eg, one could be noir while another is a musical. Perfect for easy Sunday viewing.

Last edited:
Anyone watched Physical with Rose Byrne? We’re a few eps in and I’m not sure if I’m going to love it or hate it. I could see it becoming fun in a crazy kind of way, but if it’s just pure train-wreck then I’m gonna get tired of it.

Finally finished the Expanse. Haven't read the books, but I thought the show was great. Last season felt a little rushed, but overall, would recommend.

The John Wayne Gacy thing on Netflix was solid. 3 episodes, well-paced, and I learned a lot that I never realized. I always thought he was the clown killer that killed little kids, but he killed young adults mostly, was mostly respected in his community, etc. The tapes of him compliment the overall story very well. Freaking nuts how many people he had buried under his house. Just bonkers. I remember all the reporting and it being on the national news in the late 70s, early 80s, but not with the kind of detail that this provided me.

Back