• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Recommend good stuff you've seen on Netflix streaming

I hate hate hate the Lakers and I'm not watching any of this Lakers shit.

Just saw that HBO also bought the rights to a book about the Shaq-Kobe Lakers so Winning Time could be going for awhile.

I watched most of it but just lost interest. I guess it was just sort of boring. And I could do without the inaccuracies.

I tire of the cartoony inserts, wink-wink to the camera from Dr Buss, etc.

Yeah McKay directed only 1 episode but it felt like his handprints were all over the whole series.

Once I got around to accepting it as fiction surrounding events you can look up in basketball-reference.com I enjoyed it a bit more. They were about to lose me when they had Kareem curse out the little kid from Airplane. He's aloof, not an asshole. Kareem's the first athlete I idolized as a kid and unlike 99.99% of everyone I ever idolized for whatever reason, he never let me down. Aside from that one scene I liked how they handled his arc. I thought his actor, Solomon Hughes was quite good. I hope to see him more but being legit 6'11 is going to be a limiting factor for him.

I might be the last to find out but the Norm Nixon actor is Norm Nixon's son.

Apparently there’s a story in the book where Kareem cursed out a kid so they just combined that with being in Airplane.

I’m curious to see if Solomon Hughes has a future in acting or if he’ll go back to his day job as a professor.

Barca, I don’t think there weren’t many shots of people watching. It was Magic’s family watching and there was a closed circuit broadcast at the Forum. McKinney listened on the radio.

Last edited:
“I never said ‘f&%# off’ to the child actor in Airplane!, nor have I ever said that to any child. I realize this was a shorthand way of showing my perceived aloofness during that time, even though I have often spoken about my intense, almost debilitating shyness. The filmmakers had access to that information, but truth and insight were not on their agenda. Shocking moments were.”

I believe Kareem over... whoever.

Just watched OUR FATHER. Holy Shit that is just a crazy real life story. I can not believe that there has not been a hit out on Dr. Cline.

Watch it.

Just watched OUR FATHER. Holy Shit that is just a crazy real life story. I can not believe that there has not been a hit out on Dr. Cline.

Watch it.

There was a dentist in the Lake Norman area several years ago that was injecting his semen through a syringe into female patients' mouths. My wife was a patient there. He would tell attractive women that they needed major dental work that they didnt actually need and then squirt the semen into their mouths while they were heavily numbed. One of our friends ended up testifying in his trial. She is the 40 year old woman alluded to in the below article. Crazy people out there.

https://www.sfgate.com/news/article/Dentist-Accused-Of-Making-Patients-Swallow-His-2738468.php

https://www.vice.com/en/article/xd7kv4/the-dentist-who-injected-semen-into-patients-mouths-tried-to-reopen-his-clinic-in-belize

I remember reading about this guy. Crazy people for sure. Sad thing about OUR FATHER is listening to all the families it shattered when the truth comes out.

There was a dentist in the Lake Norman area several years ago that was injecting his semen through a syringe into female patients' mouths. My wife was a patient there. He would tell attractive women that they needed major dental work that they didnt actually need and then squirt the semen into their mouths while they were heavily numbed. One of our friends ended up testifying in his trial. She is the 40 year old woman alluded to in the below article. Crazy people out there.

https://www.sfgate.com/news/article/Dentist-Accused-Of-Making-Patients-Swallow-His-2738468.php

https://www.vice.com/en/article/xd7kv4/the-dentist-who-injected-semen-into-patients-mouths-tried-to-reopen-his-clinic-in-belize

Watch it.

we watched this, absolutely evil by the doctor (surprise, hiding behind church).

also finished Mike Myers The Pentaverate. classic Myers and thought it was humorous and worth a look.

Am I the only one super jacked for season 4 of Stranger Things?

Finished Ozark last night. They tied up a bunch of loose ends, but definitely set themselves up for a continuation and/or spinoff.

Ozark kinda stunk...oh well

I finished Ozark last night. I thought the ending was fine, but the thing that really got to me in the last 3 or 4 episodes was the time line was so compressed and physically impossible. The travel distance between Chicago and Osage beach are like 8 hours driving one way and these people were waking up in the Ozarks having morning meeting in Chicago, and then a afternoon meeting at the prison in Jeff City, then back Osage. That is a least 16 hours in the car! So unrealistic.

I finished Ozark last night. I thought the ending was fine, but the thing that really got to me in the last 3 or 4 episodes was the time line was so compressed and physically impossible. The travel distance between Chicago and Osage beach are like 8 hours driving one way and these people were waking up in the Ozarks having morning meeting in Chicago, and then a afternoon meeting at the prison in Jeff City, then back Osage. That is a least 16 hours in the car! So unrealistic.

Yeah - the show made it seem like Lake of the Ozarks is basically sandwiched between Chicago and KC.

Between Under the Banner of Heaven and Manhunt: Unabomber we're watching on Netflix, it's clear Sam Worthington is awful at accents. They're all over the place and often just barely covering up his Australian one.

Back