• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Recommend good stuff you've seen on Netflix streaming

Finally finished the Expanse. Haven't read the books, but I thought the show was great. Last season felt a little rushed, but overall, would recommend.

Yeah, it's a shame they had to cut out the final 3 books/the final story arc. Marco's populist arc is probably my favorite, but the next one is also really good. I guess there is always a chance it gets picked back up, but I'm not counting on it. I thought they did an excellent job rounding it out while also teasing that it COULD continue into the next phase if they got the funding.

Last edited:
I would place a large bet that books 7-9 gets filmed. The creators have made it clear they're game for it and it seems to be a popular series, at least there's a a fervent online community. Only Amazon knows how many views it actually got. I hope it's not in 30 years like the time jump from book 6 to 7.

I'm absolutely hooked on Top Boy. Just started S2.

I'm absolutely hooked on Top Boy. Just started S2.

Is that the origin story of these guys?

top-men-indiana-jones.gif

I just watched/finished Killing It on Peacock in 3 days.

10 episodes. Craig Robinson stars as a Security Guard trying to earn enough money to open a Saw Palmetto farm in the swamps of Florida to create a line of prostate supplements.

He can't get a loan so he enters a Python-killing contest with an Australian woman, where each snake earns you money and the most snakes at the end of the season gets $20,000.

Goofy as fuck premise, but a funny show. Kind of a Righteous Gemstones vibe with one of the storylines. It's good, but has a couple of really random, graphic nudity scenes thrown in at the beginning of the series, so be warned if that's not your thing.

Also looking forward to under the banner of heaven...read the book a while back and remember thinking that this whole Mormon religion is some bullshit.

Finished season one of From on epix and it was very good and very creepy. Reminded me of lost, just in a town instead of an island. Recommend!

Our Flag Means Death is pretty good so far - a few episodes in. A Taiki Waititi show on HBO amazing about Stede Bonnet the gentleman pirate and Blackbeard

I watched The Staircase on Netflix about the Peterson case. Not to be confused with the miniseries that I think is on HBO, which is a dramatized account of events. I had no idea that this was originally something that came out in 2004, then was updated when he was released from prison, and updated again a few years ago with the plea. I also really don't remember much about that case at all, other than the fact that it was on TV. It was a very compelling documentary series. Clearly biased, but just fascinating insight into how the legal team operated, how the family dynamics were (or weren't) affected. A really amazing character study and legal drama. His lawyer was sharp as shit, clearly a lot smarter than the various DAs.

Finished Ozark last night. They tied up a bunch of loose ends, but definitely set themselves up for a continuation and/or spinoff.

Under the Banner of Heaven is holding my attention so far, but it's a tough book to pull off given so much of the text is devoted to a somewhat deep dive into the history of the Mormon religion.

Throw in the fact that I read the book like 3-4 years ago and that's probably making it tougher to follow because my memory is shit.

The Kids in the Hall reboot drops this Friday. I, for one, am cised for it to come out.

Enjoyed Winning Time. I know a good portion of it was made up/dramatic license. But the show isn't a documentary and as such is entertaining.

Enjoyed Winning Time. I know a good portion of it was made up/dramatic license. But the show isn't a documentary and as such is entertaining.

Same. I was going to be annoyed if they didn’t at least follow the scoring from the clinching Game 6 of the 1980 Finals but at least they stuck with that.

The Lakers SB Nation site does a good job of fact-checking each episode. I’ve learned a lot.

Same. I was going to be annoyed if they didn’t at least follow the scoring from the clinching Game 6 of the 1980 Finals but at least they stuck with that.

The Lakers SB Nation site does a good job of fact-checking each episode. I’ve learned a lot.

Been listening to the Bill Simmons Prestige TV podcast recaps of the eps (last night's isn't up yet) but he mentioned that the NBA Finals were tape delayed because not that popular, so the shots of everyone watching on TV are likely made up as I assume all the parties involved already knew the outcome.

Same. I was going to be annoyed if they didn’t at least follow the score from the clinching Game 6 of the 1980 Finals but at least they stuck with that with minimal liberties.

Back