• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Recommend good stuff you've seen on Netflix streaming

Watched 'The Rover' last night on Amazon Prime- not sure if it's on Netflix yet. Guy Pearce and Robert Pattinson. Dark and weird Australian flick. Thumbs up.

Soooo Man in the High Castle is coming to Amazon Prime. Ridley Scott and Philip K. Dick. Super excited. The book was awesome.

Soooo Man in the High Castle is coming to Amazon Prime. Ridley Scott and Philip K. Dick. Super excited. The book was awesome.

I watched the pilot the other night, available now on Amazon instant video. Really cool, has a lot of potential. Love alternate history stuff. Pretty sure it will get picked up.

Another Amazon pilot, Mad Dogs, was pretty good. Shawn Ryan (The Shield, less successfully Last Resort) produced it based on a BBC show.

Halfway through Broadchurch....I'm completely hooked.
Edit: finished broad church and loved it. Whoa!
Ps you need to watch with subtitles on or you will never understand those crazy Brits.

Last edited:
"Chef" is on Netflix and is worth a watch. More of a father/son movie than anything else. Great cast.

chef was really enjoyable. thanks for the recommendation.

I've seen it posted elsewhere, but both seasons of The Fall are up in Netflix and worth watching. Season 2 is just brutal.

I've seen it posted elsewhere, but both seasons of The Fall are up in Netflix and worth watching. Season 2 is just brutal.

Just finished watching Season 2. Excellent until they ruined it with that wretched final 10 mins. May have have been the worst season ending of any show that I've seen in years.

Just finished watching Season 2. Excellent until they ruined it with that wretched final 10 mins. May have have been the worst season ending of any show that I've seen in years.

I assume that you're referring to the
shootings
at the end? Or, did you find the drive/
rescue
to be wretched, too?

I agree that the former was a strangely misguided move by an otherwise brilliantly plotted series. Did we really need a cliffhanger? That being said, I didn't mind the latter sequence.

As for the fall....I felt both seasons were excellent and I thought the ending was ...well...cool

Last edited:
Anyone seen Jiro Dreams of Sushi? I've had two people recommend it to me this week and it's available to stream.

I watched the pilot the other night, available now on Amazon instant video. Really cool, has a lot of potential. Love alternate history stuff. Pretty sure it will get picked up.

Another Amazon pilot, Mad Dogs, was pretty good. Shawn Ryan (The Shield, less successfully Last Resort) produced it based on a BBC show.

I watched the pilot, finally. I enjoyed it. I think I read somewhere that Amazon is not really considering the feedback by viewers, when they go to decide what pilots to pick up. I believe that this will benefit MITHC because it has a lot of big name backers.

I like watching old tv shows on Netflix and noticed M*A*S*H popped up on recommended list last night.

I watched the pilot, finally. I enjoyed it. I think I read somewhere that Amazon is not really considering the feedback by viewers, when they go to decide what pilots to pick up. I believe that this will benefit MITHC because it has a lot of big name backers.

It'll be fine either way because out of all their pilots this season it has by far the most votes and the highest rating.

Back