• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Recommend good stuff you've seen on Netflix streaming

I was referring to the series in general. But White Bear is, in a way, about how technology allows for that fetishization on a grander scale.

It's not as heavy-handedly anti-technology like, say, Entire History of You.

Do you guys read White Bear as anti-technology? It seemed to me to be about how we fetishize major crimes and violence, about how the justice system conflated with the media treats criminals by putting their life story in front of millions of people for viewing.

I was referring to the series in general. But White Bear is, in a way, about how technology allows for that fetishization on a grander scale.

It's not as heavy-handedly anti-technology like, say, Entire History of You.

Schadenfreude

Do you guys read White Bear as anti-technology? It seemed to me to be about how we fetishize major crimes and violence, about how the justice system conflated with the media treats criminals by putting their life story in front of millions of people for viewing.

Not at all. I think that White Bear is more about the dark potential of our criminal justice system, in much the same way that the rest of the series is about the dark potential of technology.

I was no where close to predicting White Bear. I figured it was some sort of game show. Never would have predicted the criminal punishment aspect. I think what put that ep over the top for me was the reenactment after the first credit rolled. Just so well done.

I was no where close to predicting White Bear. I figured it was some sort of game show. Never would have predicted the criminal punishment aspect. I think what put that ep over the top for me was the reenactment after the first credit rolled. Just so well done.

SPOILERS!!!!!

But agreed, the post-credits re-enactment was what made it great television.

My b I thought it had been effectively spoiled already

Watched Secrets and lies, the original Australian series that the new abc series is based on. It was excellent...wife and I stayed up till 2 am last night because we couldn't stop binging on it. The American version is only getting so so reviews but the Aussie version was great, very similar to Broadchurch.

Just watched 'All This Mayhem' on the Netflix, a documentary about the rise and fall of brothers Tas and Ben Pappas, two Australian skate punks who were once ranked #1 and #2 in the world. From the producers of 'Senna' and 'Exit Through the Gift Shop'. Sex, drugs, rock and roll, suicide, murder...

just finished watching bates motel on netflix, its a pretty good series. has the kid from charlie and the chocolate factory and he is batshit crazy

The Unbreakable Kimmie Schmidt

Really enjoyed the first couple of episodes

The Unbreakable Kimmie Schmidt

Really enjoyed the first couple of episodes
My wife and I just started watching this and like it so far. It's not 30 Rock, but it's close enough . Did I mention that I really miss 30 Rock?

I want to watch it, but too much good shit on these days. Gotta wait for some stuffs' seasons to end.

Dunno. They're on Amazon Prime I think? I know Justified is. Not sure about the Americans.

The Americans, Justified, Louie, and Always Sunny are great. I'd skip Wilfred. Terriers was good (RIP).

The League is a pretty fantastic Fx show available on Netflix.

Just watched the first episode of "The Following". Pretty silly representation of the English Literature Professoriate, but not bad thus far.

The Following is the best worst show ever. I just hate watch it now. The first 5 or so eps were good and then it kinda goes off the rails.

The Following is the best worst show ever. I just hate watch it now. The first 5 or so eps were good and then it kinda goes off the rails.

Shit. Hope I don't have another "Librarians" on my hands. I do kind of love serial killer shows/movies/novels though.

Watching Equilibrium on Prime right now. I dig dystopian stuff.

Back