• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Recommend good stuff you've seen on Netflix streaming

started the night manager on prime yesterday. burned through 3 episodes and we are really enjoying it.

The Night Manager was awesome. May be worth a rewatch.

The Wife and I started The Crown last night. 2 eps in and impressive so far. Not that it's really a spoiler, but the time from when the King dies and they're trying to find the new Queen to tell her up until the end of that episode is pretty gripping and beautifully shot.

I fully agree. I'm on ep 10 now. I've reached a new level of respect for Her Majesty now. Phillip was quite the asshole. I want to Google him to find out when he died or whatever happened to him because I'm not really strong their history. I don't want any spoilers either.

I fully agree. I'm on ep 10 now. I've reached a new level of respect for Her Majesty now. Phillip was quite the asshole. I want to Google him to find out when he died or whatever happened to him because I'm not really strong their history. I don't want any spoilers either.

Um...

We are through episode 6 now. I don't think it's a spoiler to say he is still very much alive like the Queen. They both have good genes for longevity, I guess. Queen Mum was 101 when she finally croaked a few years back. I'm taking these episodes as dramatic representations of events both factual and fictional.

Finished the first two seasons of Arrested Development. Great show. I'm almost glad I didn't watch it at the time because it's great to look back and see the talent on that show including rando appearances by actors who hit it big later like Amy Poehler and Andy Samburg who got one line in the Season 2 finale. Definitely like seeing some of my favorite micro old ladies like Judy Greer, Mo Collins, and Julia Louis Dreyfus. Great casting Jason Bateman and Michael Cera as father and son considering neither of them ages.

Is House of Cards season 4 worth watching? I kind of put it to the back of my mind after season 3.

Oh man this Mozart in the Jungle episode with Lang Lang playing table tennis and Malcolm McDowell and GGB tripping is like the greatest thing I've ever seen.

Why are shows all premiering much later this year? I understand Game of Thrones because they need winter...but House of Cards, Better Call Saul, Fargo, etc all premiering many months later

I assumed Fargo need3d extra time to write a new story that lives up to the first two. Think I read better call Saul was pushed to fit in the network time table.

We finished The Crown last night. What a stellar series. It isn't necessarily bingy where you're going to have to watch episode after episode, but the series is so well done and such a work of art. It's beautifully shot and acted. Think of a series if Merchant-Ivory were to do it, only less boring because you only have to take them in 1 hour episodes. The episode with Churchill and the painting was my favorite. If I have a complaint, it's the rather prolonged portrayal of Philip as a reluctant second fiddle. They've kind of overplayed that angle.

I watched two crowns and it's p boring so far. Yes it is nicely shot and pretty but booorrrriiinnnggg. Wife digs it she's gonna keep watching not sure if I will

Why are shows all premiering much later this year? I understand Game of Thrones because they need winter...but House of Cards, Better Call Saul, Fargo, etc all premiering many months later

The Americans, too. :(

Why do people like house of cards? I watched 3 Eps and couldn't get into it and I'm a big spacey and politics fan. What am I missing?

For the record I hated West Wing.

Back