• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Recommend good stuff you've seen on Netflix streaming

Anyone watch Santa Clarita Diet with Drew Barrymore and Timothy Olyphant?

It starts out pretty campy but really gets good as it progresses....really love Timothy Olyphant in this. Funny throughout and an interesting take on the "zombie" story.....though be warned the first episode has a vomit scene that made me gag and my stomach turn....so watch for that...but otherwise I recommend it....10 thirty minute episodes in Season 1 so easily binge-able.

So it's a send up of Little Shop of Horrors?
Not a bad thing, necessarily. I like that movie.

I know it’s old and probably has been listed but I watched THE FALL last night and thought it was better than most I have tried recently. There are three seasons with 6 1 hr episodes.

The Grand Tour got good reviews but we couldn't make it past 20 minutes.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

The Grand Tour got good reviews but we couldn't make it past 20 minutes.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Must have a specific audience bc I had the same problem

Did you all watch Top Gear when they were on? The first few eps of Grand Tour aren't great, but they hit their stride as the season went on. IMO, the best things they do are the specials when they're in an exotic locale with shitty cars, which they did this season with the two-part Namibia special. Check those out at least.

I'm a stubborn man. My wife tells me this all the time but I don't believe her usually.

However...

I just finished watching all 4 seasons of The Killing.

HATE!!!

I think the main reason I watched it was because Holder was pretty entertaining but all the red herrings and the out of nowhere twists at the end of each season really took away from any semblance of a plot.

Season 4 was particularly awful. And since I'm guessing most of you didn't watch it, allow me to summarize:
-- entire family is murdered (including a 6 year old girl, wtf) but the son at military school survived a gunshot to the head and doesn't remember anything
-- creepy neighbor took dirty pictures of 16 year old daughter (he didn't do it)
-- the lady in charge of the military school is over protective
-- boy is bullied at school by psychopath
-- he ends up remembering that during family day, the bully took him down to the shower and made him jerk off to a picture of his mom while they shouted "kill, kill" at him
-- this apparently made him decide to go with the bully to his house and kill his whole family
-- the lady in charge of the school found out what happened and covered it up because the boy was actually her son
-- she kills the psycho bully because he's not going along with the plan, which is never really revealed (coverup I guess)
-- holder's ex-partner figures out the linden and holder killed the lt in s3 and why, mayor (guy in wheelchair) intervenes to save linden because a serial killer cop would be bad for the city
-- boy kills himself after he remembers and linden lets him

Thankfully that season was only 6 episodes.

I also couldn't get over Linden's character. It was something about her that always bothered me. It was like she was out of breath whenever she got upset (which was a lot). I watched this show because someone compared it to Twin Peaks.

I wouldn't say I regret watching this show because Holder was very entertaining. I do regret watching S4 because it was a giant pile of turds.

Yea season one was very good yanking the mystery chain....but the red herrings got old....and the finale/reveal ruined it all for me.....never went back to watch any of the other seasons

Jonathan Strange and Mr. Norell is definitely worth a watch. Only 7 episodes, excellent adaptation of a great book.

Yea season one was very good yanking the mystery chain....but the red herrings got old....and the finale/reveal ruined it all for me.....never went back to watch any of the other seasons

Same here. Check out the original The Killing thread to see hate build for the show. It's entertaining.

If you like Lonely Island and/or Comedy Bang Bang, check out the Michael Bolton Valentine's special. If you don't like their comedy sensibilities, skip it. It gave me some laughs.

Same here. Check out the original The Killing thread to see hate build for the show. It's entertaining.

Oh I read that thread. I wished I had before I started the show but I wanted to avoid spoilers.

I kind of wish you guys had watched the rest of the seasons. You would have flipped your collective shits.

The reveal at the end of the S3 was probably the worst of the series as it made little sense and came out of nowhere but at least the rationale behind it made some sense.

S4 was just a big pile of, WTF? with every reveal.

I'm finally (finally!) watching You're The Worst on Hulu. About halfway through S2 now.

The conversation between Edgar and Paul, where Paul's talking about his friend's wife dying, was the highlight of the series so far for me.

Been in a horror kick lately. Watched It Follows, The Visit, and The Babadook. Need to check the thread for other reccos.

I'm finally (finally!) watching You're The Worst on Hulu. About halfway through S2 now.

The conversation between Edgar and Paul, where Paul's talking about his friend's wife dying, was the highlight of the series so far for me.

The Edgar centric episode, which showed how PTSD affects his every day, was probably my favorite single single episode of any program last year. I didn't even care for the character at first.

not sure if I've seen that one yet. was it the one where he was going back and forth between the VA and Jimmy to try to get meds?

I don't remember that scene at all. What episode?

Speaking of great FX shows and The Killing, Man Seeking Woman is excellent. Season 3 features that woman who played Rosie Larsen in Season 1 of The Killing.

I don't remember that scene at all. What episode?

Speaking of great FX shows and The Killing, Man Seeking Woman is excellent. Season 3 features that woman who played Rosie Larsen in Season 1 of The Killing.
S2E3, when Edgar goes to ask Paul for permission to go after Lindsay. Paul's shacked up in a tent in his friend's backyard.

not sure if I've seen that one yet. was it the one where he was going back and forth between the VA and Jimmy to try to get meds?

I was cheating for the Netflix thread, the episode I was referring to was from the past (3rd) season. The episode is entirely dedicated to him.

Back