• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Recommend good stuff you've seen on Netflix streaming

Has anyone watched the Danger 5 series? It's hilarious and super campy. It reminds me of an odd mix of Team America & Austin Powers.

Not sure if OITNB just went off a cliff or if my TV standards have just gone way up in the last couple years. Season 4 is just terrible.

It seems to be really hard to sustain quality in a series for more than 3 seasons. It makes Breaking Bad, the Wire, etc. all that more impressive.

Not sure if OITNB just went off a cliff or if my TV standards have just gone way up in the last couple years. Season 4 is just terrible.

a little of both... it's not a great show, and it's glaring with so much good tv out right now, even just alongside it on netflix

buckets, thank you for that Rectify recommendation. This is one of the best shows that I've seen.
Think that might have been say hey, I haven't seen recitfy

I've been watching schitts creek, it's really dumb but pretty funny with eugene levy and his son

This is quite likely more appropriate for the Tunnels, but man oh man, if you want to get white folks worked up about racial issues, get us to perceive some slight against them. We went ballistic against Netflix for the "Dear White People" trailer.

It was hard to even find a neutral article about it. Most everything I found took the perspective that "Racist Netflix series causes massive cancellations" or "Racist users cancel Netflix accounts". This was as neutral as I could find http://www.masslive.com/entertainment/index.ssf/2017/02/dear_white_people_sparks_calls.html

So a very short trailer showing a young black campus DJ telling white people not to dress in blackface makes white people claim its racist and promotes white genocide?

White people are apparently stupid.

Think that might have been say hey, I haven't seen recitfy

I've been watching schitts creek, it's really dumb but pretty funny with eugene levy and his son

Say Hey definitely had a bone dog for Rectify. I recently finished it (mostly based on his rec) and loved it as well.

Just started the series, but can you clarify which episode that is?
It's in S2. I was originally talking about "There Is Not Currently a Problem", but that whole arc, and second half of the season, is really fucking good. It sorta ruined me for a bit.

It seems to be really hard to sustain quality in a series for more than 3 seasons. It makes Breaking Bad, the Wire, etc. all that more impressive.

On this subject, everyone should be binging the Americans right now before S5 premieres next month

It's in S2. I was originally talking about "There Is Not Currently a Problem", but that whole arc, and second half of the season, is really fucking good. It sorta ruined me for a bit.

Yeah - S2 was a masterful season.

S3 has me a bit worried they've run out of good ideas.

Billions on Showtime has started the 2nd season. I love the show, but I'm sure it won't get unanimous positives on this thread.

This is quite likely more appropriate for the Tunnels, but man oh man, if you want to get white folks worked up about racial issues, get us to perceive some slight against them. We went ballistic against Netflix for the "Dear White People" trailer.

It was hard to even find a neutral article about it. Most everything I found took the perspective that "Racist Netflix series causes massive cancellations" or "Racist users cancel Netflix accounts". This was as neutral as I could find http://www.masslive.com/entertainment/index.ssf/2017/02/dear_white_people_sparks_calls.html

I saw the titled of this show and immediately though about how riled up OWG's will be across America. Things have to be pretty good if you think that a netflix show is what is getting you OUTRAGED.

Almost finished with Mad Men. For some reason I fell behind during season four and never caught up until now. I know my next two series are Americans and Fargo. I think i'll probably knock out Fargo first since it is relatively short.

Yeah we bailed on The Americans late in season 2. Just didn't ever really seem to go anywhere. We recently finished up season 2 and it ended well, but it was a 12+ episode setup for a not that great payoff. We tried a couple more into season 3 but just can't really get back into it.

Back