• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Recommend good stuff you've seen on Netflix streaming

Would be really interested in more info on how they are able to get the viewing numbers from Netflix etc.

Anyone want to drop a top 5 must watch for Netflix? We're really just now getting into a good routine of a few episodes of X per night and I don't feel like sorting through 80+ pages to find the recommendations. My personal favs so far:

1. Breaking Bad
2. Blacklist
3. 24
4. Stranger Things
5. HoC

Done the first two seasons of OITNB but I just can't get into it. Ready to move on. Watched the pilot for Spartacus and The Following, both seemed promising but haven't pulled the trigger

peaky blinders, detectorists, chefs table, the marvel superhero shows are pretty good, i liked abstract-the art of design.

Does the netflix list include non-netflix shows? I'm going to assume no.

1. Stranger Things
2. First 2 seasons House of Cards
3. Master of None
4. 1st season Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt
5. BoJack Horseman

6. First 2 seasons of OITNB
7. Daredevil
8. Jessica Jones
9. Love
10. Black Mirror

Honorable Mention - The OA, Peaky Blinders

- I haven't seen Narcos, The Crown, Bloodlines, Luke Cage, or Sense8

I would be really interested in more info on how they are able to get the viewing numbers from Netflix etc.

Basically spyware in your electronics:

SymphonyAM uses technology that tracks engagement across streaming platforms via television, mobile phones, tablets and computers. The data is based on engagement of shows in their first 35 days of availability in the U.S.—dubbed “L35” data by the company.

Yea I read that...just interesting since that doesn't seem like something that the streaming companies would allow, as they don't release viewing figures themselves, and it's not something that people actively add to their electronics.

So it's still not clear. But I'm sure they know what they're doing lol

1. Stranger Things
3. Master of None
5. BoJack Horseman

7. Daredevil
8. Jessica Jones
9. Love
10. Black Mirror

Of the shows I've seen I rank them:

1. Bojack
2. OITNB
3. Stranger Things
4. Black Mirror
5. Master of None
6. House of Cards
7. Luke Cage
8. Daredevil

Not sure if this qualifies for this thread, but Roy Wood Jr's special on Comedy Central last night was stellar. Highly recommend if it's streaming or On Demand.

Bought a $60 gift card to Netflix and received the $8.63 discount on Amazon (bigthanks). Essentially a free month of streaming for upfront buy.

1. Stranger Things
3. Master of None
5. BoJack Horseman

7. Daredevil
8. Jessica Jones
9. Love
10. Black Mirror

Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt is surprisingly funny.

Back