• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Recommend good stuff you've seen on Netflix streaming

Damn. Just watched the series finale of Maron without realizing it was the finale. It's a damn good show. It's probably the only comedy sitcom that i've ever seen that follows a person while they lose everything to drug addiction. You're following Marc Maron through sitcom hijinks for 2.5 seasons and then the show just goes off the rails and he gets addicted to pain killers and then he's living in a storage shed shitting in a bucket, and the 4th season he is in rehab.

I watched the first couple (German illustrator and Nike guy) and liked them. Any other highlights from the season? Wasn't sure about the set design lady on the next ep. Thanks to deacs1995 for the rec!

Set design lady is actually pretty cool. Did Kanye and Beyoncé and a bunch of other huge shows. Car guy was the boringest but I'm not really into cars. Graphic design lady last night was in the middle. Architect dude made some pretty bananas stuff. Gonna watch photography tonight.

Damn. Just watched the series finale of Maron without realizing it was the finale. It's a damn good show. It's probably the only comedy sitcom that i've ever seen that follows a person while they lose everything to drug addiction. You're following Marc Maron through sitcom hijinks for 2.5 seasons and then the show just goes off the rails and he gets addicted to pain killers and then he's living in a storage shed shitting in a bucket, and the 4th season he is in rehab.

dave anthony has been plugging this over the past year on the dollop, I guess he has a recurring role or something on it. been meaning to check it out

dave anthony has been plugging this over the past year on the dollop, I guess he has a recurring role or something on it. been meaning to check it out
He's a director and actor on the show, he actually has a pretty big role.

Should I keep watching man in the high castle?

I just finished the second season about a week ago. I was wavering after about seven-eight episodes, but I think what I decided with this show is there are plots I like, and others I don't. The stuff I like is good enough to make it worth watching the stuff I don't.

Set design lady is actually pretty cool. Did Kanye and Beyoncé and a bunch of other huge shows. Car guy was the boringest but I'm not really into cars. Graphic design lady last night was in the middle. Architect dude made some pretty bananas stuff. Gonna watch photography tonight.

Photography was good.

I liked graphic arts (Paula Scher?), but my daughter is into that some. I'm old enough the like the fact she designed album covers in the 1970's. I liked how she described the dynamics of a pitch meeting getting progressively as client input continues. "To create something, your mind has to be in a state of play." Great quote by her.

Ok I'll keep going. I'm like 4 eps in but haven't watched in a week or so.

I think you should give it at least the first season. The first time I watched it I watched like 7 episodes and didn't remember shit. I picked it back up again and dug it.

Plus I didn't like how the series started. It should have spent more time setting up the world and characters, but instead quickly introduced a couple of characters and sent them off to a location that isn't really central to the story and focused on that for the first four or five episodes.

Photography was good.

I liked graphic arts (Paula Scher?), but my daughter is into that some. I'm old enough the like the fact she designed album covers in the 1970's. I liked how she described the dynamics of a pitch meeting getting progressively as client input continues. "To create something, your mind has to be in a state of play." Great quote by her.

I bailed in the middle of the Ikea interior design lady. Lowest tier along with car dude.

Loved Paula Scher, but I'm also kind of into typography after watching Helvetica, so I dug that part of her work. Those map paintings are wild, and her husband seemed like a boss, too. I actually thought the car guy and his story was quite endearing, though, yeah, the subject matter didn't do it for me as much. I had read that New Yorker profile on the Danish architect a few years ago and forgotten about it.

I don't know, I really like these types of documentaries, but I haven't felt much of a connection to the subjects, similar to Chef's Table. I don't know if I just can't relate to the drive and inspiration, if some of them are just unlikeable, or what. I feel like I should like these people way more than I do. Might just be my mood.

I think some of it kinda black box-y where they can't really explain why they can do what they do, they're just geniuses. I wasn't familiar with any of them going into it, so I was just marveling at the talent. Each one did seem to hit a dragging point with about 12 minutes left.

Back