• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Recommend good stuff you've seen on Netflix streaming

Still struggling with the crown, wife digs but I say p boring. Tried to start house cards but first one didn't get at me either. Y'all like some p boring stuff

Still struggling with the crown, wife digs but I say p boring. Tried to start house cards but first one didn't get at me either. Y'all like some p boring stuff

Yeah I couldn't do the crown either, even though the gf loved/loves it. Way too fucking boring, and it really doesn't get any better.

Have you seen The Peaky Blinders? Give that shot if not.

Yeah I couldn't do the crown either, even though the gf loved/loves it. Way too fucking boring, and it really doesn't get any better.

this. so much this.

if anything, it really shows you how inconsequential the fucking queen is if the most dramatic things that happen to her are "i need to learn things" and "how do I handle scolding Winston Churchill"

Finding Dory. Like every single day for the last 2 weeks.

I miss the days of watching Pixar movies non-stop. Now my kids have graduated to dumb YouTube videos of kids and their dopey dads playing Minecraft.

I miss the days of watching Pixar movies non-stop. Now my kids have graduated to dumb YouTube videos of kids and their dopey dads playing Minecraft.

My 18 month old met Baymax at Disney World so he gets excited when we watch Big Hero 6. He just points at the screen yelling "Meet Max! Meet Max!"

More Netflix prestige movies. They rly do have all the $$$

David Fincher serial killer/FBI series coming in OCT

Brad Pitt plays McChrystal

I agree with a lot of this. I got through the whole thing in about three days, but at no time did I ever think, "wow, Billy Bob is amazing in this" Seems like not that far a cry from Willie in Bad Santa like you mention. The show was pretty even throughout, meaning I never thought it got a whole hell of a lot better than the beginning, although there is certainly some weirder stuff later on. William Hurt is pretty ridiculous, and not necessarily in a good way. It was fine and worth finishing, but not something I would be recommending very highly.

I think this sums it up well. It was a fun watch but parts of it just made no sense at all. William Hurt's clicker thing was annoying. I never figured out what his end game was with the girl with the stutter (sleep with her I guess?). And the judge was corrupt and in the pocket of the big law firm but he was a dick to them at the end when they lost. And the prostitute flipping on Billy Bob made no sense whatsoever. And the head of the defense contractor confessing everything to Billy Bob was ridiculous.

I also felt cheapened when William Hurt had a stroke on the stand. I figured it was a play of some kind but it was built up to be this epic showdown between Billy Bob and Billy Hurt and it was cut short for no good reason.

Last edited:
Haha - doesn't really matter to me but you might want to slap a spoiler tag on that post for anyone who might want to watch it in the future

might be old news, but the great british baking show is now on Netflix; seasons 1-3.

It's like a Merchant Ivory production-- beautifully acted and filmed, but mostly a snorefest. I liked it because the acting and production was enough for me. But yeah, not a whole lot happens and there certainly aren't any cliffhangers. The episode dealing with Churchill's portrait was probably my favorite and was enormously uneventful.

Back