• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Recommend good stuff you've seen on Netflix streaming

Almost finished with Mad Men. For some reason I fell behind during season four and never caught up until now. I know my next two series are Americans and Fargo. I think i'll probably knock out Fargo first since it is relatively short.

How are you doing Fargo?

Fargo, a good tv show, is way better than the Americans, a bad tv show.

Yeah we bailed on The Americans late in season 2. Just didn't ever really seem to go anywhere. We recently finished up season 2 and it ended well, but it was a 12+ episode setup for a not that great payoff. We tried a couple more into season 3 but just can't really get back into it.

these are bad opinions

The two seasons of Fargo were leaps and bounds better than the first two seasons of The Americans. I don't think The Americans is a bad show, but through the first two seasons it didn't rise to the level of something I couldn't miss.

I had to rewatch the first Fargo to enjoy it, something about it the first time really was bugging me, although the episode where they use Faure's Requiem was dope. Disagree generally with the Fargo v. Americans takes, because I really really like the Americans, although I don't remember the first two seasons of the Americans super well (lotta strands, lotta drugs). I do remember the s3 of Americans was one of my favorite seasons of television ever, but if you're not hooked after the first two, then I won't judge. Different strokes and all that. Different kazoos for different tunes.

Forget if I posted this, or if anyone else has, but I enjoyed Netflix's 8-part History of Cuba series, Cuba Libre, although it probably could have been doubled in length because some of it still felt a little sketchy with the deets truck.

It's in S2. I was originally talking about "There Is Not Currently a Problem", but that whole arc, and second half of the season, is really fucking good. It sorta ruined me for a bit.

Wow yea...just finished S2. Pretty rough.

I have extensive experience with that stuff and it was pretty spot on. Not sure I liked the "Oh, I'm fixed now" thing, but whatevs

I'm finally (finally!) watching You're The Worst on Hulu. About halfway through S2 now.

The conversation between Edgar and Paul, where Paul's talking about his friend's wife dying, was the highlight of the series so far for me.

Damn this show just kicks me in the nuts...lots of parallels with my own life so it hits right in the feels.

Just saw there will be a second season of the OA.

I almost bailed on the show after seeing so so reviews on here but I thought it was pretty good. Knowing there will be a season two helps also.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I commented earlier but just finished OITNB s4 and was shocked to see the positive reviews online. I thought it was just a mess. Probably done with it.

I commented earlier but just finished OITNB s4 and was shocked to see the positive reviews online. I thought it was just a mess. Probably done with it.

Yeah, I quit after Season 4 I think. I guess I understand why they milk the last dollar out of every show, but it's ridiculous from a quality and artistic standpoint.

Abstract is a series of short documentaries on design. I've only seen the one on Tinker Hatfield, who designed Air Jordans, but I think it's good enough to recommend to those interested in design.

List of the most watched 'original streaming shows' of 2016. The list is based on the number of views each show had in their first 35 days of availability in the U.S. I went ahead and highlighted the series that I watched this past year.

1. Orange Is the New Black (season four)—23 million viewers
2. Stranger Things—21.7m
3. Fuller House—21.5m
4. Marvel’s Luke Cage—12.1m
5. Marvel’s Daredevil (season two)—11.6m
6. House of Cards (season four)—8.8m
7. Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt (season two)—8.4m
8. The Ranch —5.8m
9. 11.22.63—5.3m
10. Amanda Knox—4.96m
11. The Get Down—4.91m
12. Gracie and Frankie (season two)—4.5m
13. Love—4m
14. Narcos (season two)—3.8m
15. Black Mirror (season three)—3.7m
16. The Crown—3.5m
17. Bloodline (season two)—3.3m
18. Longmire (season five)—3.2m
19. Chelsea Does—2.7m
20. The Path—2.06m
21. Flaked—2.04m
22. Bojack Horseman (season three)—2m
23. Marco Polo (season two)—1.9m
24. Goliath—1.8m
25. Bosch (season two)—1.6m

http://www.newsweek.com/netflix-ratings-revealed-these-are-top-25-original-streaming-shows-2016-538877

Thought The Ranch was really bad. I watched one or two episodes, so I doubt much of that volume stuck around.

My wife watched a few eps of the Ranch and it was sooo bad, but I did appreciate the money trouble aspect. There aren't many sitcom shows that deal with those issues

Back