• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Recommend good stuff you've seen on Netflix streaming

He's changed his style a lot with the last 2 specials. He's no longer joking about pop culture stuff like R Kelly, TNT dramas, and Coldstone Creamery and is now more into introspective stuff about relationships and stuff.

I'm 6 episodes into Bloodline. It is very well done, but man it is just crushes you by being such a downer. I don't want to spoil anything, so I'll just say that the two major themes driving the story so far have some serious flaws in logic to me.

Documentary series called "Long Way Round". Ewan McGregor and Charley Boorman document their ride from London through Russia, Khazakstan, Mongolia, Alaska, Canada and USA to NYC. Over 20K miles. Pretty interesting with some humor and some drama.

Amores Perros is definitely worth a look if you haven't seen it. From the director of Birdman. Has a Pulp Fiction feel to it. It can be tough to watch at times if you're a dog lover though.

Knuckle - documentary on bare knuckle boxing amongst feuding families in Ireland

So I finished Bloodline. Pretty good show, but as some said, a VERY slow burn. I don't know how they're going to keep that format if/when they do another season. Now, for some spoilers and the spoiler tag...

Two driving forces really stuck out to me. First, the old cop taking those tapes and giving them to Danny. That seemed completely unrealistic to me. It's not like he couldn't and didn't figure out what happened up to that point. And did they not interview Danny at the time? Furthermore, his oldest sibling at the time was 14, so of course he's going to do what he did, along with his younger siblings. I guess the implication is he thought that John was the one who came up with the hit and run story and therefore hates him for it, but even that is pretty weak. Also, wouldn't the dad's will have the mother be the beneficiary of everything rather than the kids? If Sissy Spacek was also dead, it would go to the kids.

Not sure how season 2 is going to play out with the son. He will be a constant reminder of Danny. Also, I'm pretty sure the hispanic/ex-alcoholic guy was eyeballing them at Danny's Miami place, so there's a problem there. And again with the old cop, who has somehow figured it all out.

I think my main problem with the show, however, is that it really offers nobody to root for. Almost every character is a POS. John is the most likeable, but he's pulled down by all the other POS people in his family. It's like that movie about the dysfunctional family with Meryl Streep and Julia Roberts where they spend the entire time yelling at each other. Just a lot of people needing killin' in this show.

So I finished Bloodline. Pretty good show, but as some said, a VERY slow burn. I don't know how they're going to keep that format if/when they do another season. Now, for some spoilers and the spoiler tag...

Two driving forces really stuck out to me. First, the old cop taking those tapes and giving them to Danny. That seemed completely unrealistic to me. It's not like he couldn't and didn't figure out what happened up to that point. And did they not interview Danny at the time? Furthermore, his oldest sibling at the time was 14, so of course he's going to do what he did, along with his younger siblings. I guess the implication is he thought that John was the one who came up with the hit and run story and therefore hates him for it, but even that is pretty weak. Also, wouldn't the dad's will have the mother be the beneficiary of everything rather than the kids? If Sissy Spacek was also dead, it would go to the kids.

Not sure how season 2 is going to play out with the son. He will be a constant reminder of Danny. Also, I'm pretty sure the hispanic/ex-alcoholic guy was eyeballing them at Danny's Miami place, so there's a problem there. And again with the old cop, who has somehow figured it all out.

I think my main problem with the show, however, is that it really offers nobody to root for. Almost every character is a POS. John is the most likeable, but he's pulled down by all the other POS people in his family. It's like that movie about the dysfunctional family with Meryl Streep and Julia Roberts where they spend the entire time yelling at each other. Just a lot of people needing killin' in this show.

True dat.

Evolution of a criminal .. short doc on how one bad choice can change your path forever.

I have one episode of Bloodline to go so I'm not going to read the spoilers just yet, but let's just say that after a solid start I've been more than a little put off by the last two or three episodes. Hopefully the final episode can salvage it for me, if not, I probably won't be that interested in seeing a second season.

I'm four episodes into Bloodline but the total lack of knowledge of very basic parts of FL law is very off putting to me and takes me out of the moment.

Back