• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Recount

lol. So it was the complete waste of time that anyone with a brain thought it would be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So, wait. Is accountability and transparency good or bad?

Isn't your casual dismissal of democratic principles precisely what Trump phans - a group that you are aligning yourself with by gloating, no matter who you voted for - hoped to avoid by electing Trump, warts and all, instead of Clinton?

Or, are we ready to admit that we - or the 23% of the American electorate that voted for Trump - were had by a hoax?

??? There was no evidence to promote a recount yet there was a pretty large movement to promote it. I don't know what you are referring to with your hoax comment.

??? There was no evidence to promote a recount yet there was a pretty large movement to promote it. I don't know what you are referring to with your hoax comment.

That a) the election was rigged and b) the swamp needed to be drained were two of Trump's main talking points in the general election. Now that he is PEOTUS, neither appear to matter any longer to Trump or to his supporters. Does the fact that he won settle the notion that he peddled for months of election fraud, a rigged election, etc.?

Not sure. I didn't vote for him. Perhaps his supporters wanted the recount. You won't be able to count me in that number.

Are you saying you are aligned with Trump now?

Not sure. I didn't vote for him. Perhaps his supporters wanted the recount. You won't be able to count me in that number.

Are you saying you are aligned with Trump now?

I'm saying that your claim that there was no evidence to support a recount is pretty silly seeing as it was one of the PEOTUS's main talking points on the campaign trail. Trump has been whining about a rigged election for months, citing any number of real and imagined forms of evidence, and there is suddenly no evidence of malfeasance in the election process? I don't know whether or not the election was "rigged," but I'd rather my taxpayer dollars (or, better yet, idiot liberals' donated dollars) go towards initiatives that promote transparency and accountability rather than expensive witch hunts that characterized the past eight years.

I'm saying that your claim that there was no evidence to support a recount is pretty silly seeing as it was one of the PEOTUS's main talking points on the campaign trail. Trump has been whining about a rigged election for months, citing any number of real and imagined forms of evidence, and there is suddenly no evidence of malfeasance in the election process? I don't know whether or not the election was "rigged," but I'd rather my taxpayer dollars (or, better yet, idiot liberals' donated dollars) go towards initiatives that promote transparency and accountability rather than expensive witch hunts that characterized the past eight years.

Interesting that you do align yourself with Trump. I don't. If that makes me look silly than I can accept that.

Russia promotes transparency and we didn't have to pay a dollar for that. You should be happy for the hack (😂😂😂).

Last edited:
Interesting that you do align yourself with Trump. I don't. If that makes me look silly than I can accept that.

I'm not sure that I'm aligning myself with Trump, but I'm taking his claims seriously.

Nice horseshit response to a legit post by Strickland.

Not really. He said himself that the recount was a worthy cause to investigate our potentially rigged system. His proof was Trumps claims from the campaign trail. The only reason trump changed his mind was because he won.

I can assure you if trump lost he would be screaming recount. I can't speak for strick here but I hope that his position wouldn't change just because who won.

I'm not sure that I'm aligning myself with Trump, but I'm taking his claims seriously.

That is better stated. I am not taking his (trump) claims seriously because like much of what comes out of his mouth I feel it is loaded with feces.

Not really. He said himself that the recount was a worthy cause to investigate our potentially rigged system. His proof was Trumps claims from the campaign trail. The only reason trump changed his mind was because he won.

I can assure you if trump lost he would be screaming recount. I can't speak for strick here but I hope that his position wouldn't change just because who won.

Like I've posted on here a lot lately, anybody who claims that recount talk is a new phenomenon clearly is forgetting that the 2000 election happened. I'm down for a recount every election, to be honest with you.

Like I've posted on here a lot lately, anybody who claims that recount talk is a new phenomenon clearly is forgetting that the 2000 election happened. I'm down for a recount every election, to be honest with you.

👍🏼👍🏼. I can see it in cases where it could matter (Florida 2000 being a prime example), but outside of that if there is no real smoke, I don't see the use for looking for a fire.

Do we have any idea how much these recounts cost? But yeah, if it actually helps to maintain the faith in our election process, then by all means. There is no democracy without belief in the process.

Of course, I say that, yet 49% of the electorate voted for a guy who wanted to torch said belief. So what do I know.

Do we have any idea how much these recounts cost? But yeah, if it actually helps to maintain the faith in our election process, then by all means. There is no democracy without belief in the process.

Of course, I say that, yet 49% of the electorate voted for a guy who wanted to torch said belief. So what do I know.

I do have an idea of how much these recounts cost (I don't understand why they're so expensive, though), but I also think that substantiated belief in the democratic process is priceless. Even more so in a country with a civil war in its past and given the ridiculous level of skepticism in the most basic democratic processes right now. I am confident that if there was interest (and I'm fairly confident that there isn't on either side of the aisle), then there would be a way to institutionalize recounts of general elections.

Stein is such a moron. Her $3m Wisconsin recount actually gained votes for Trump. If she had dropped out and the people who voted for her had voted for Hillary, Hillary would have won the state. Well played.

Stein is such a moron. Her $3m Wisconsin recount actually gained votes for Trump. If she had dropped out and the people who voted for her had voted for Hillary, Hillary would have won the state. Well played.

most of those people wouldn't have voted for Hillary anyway.

As much as I would like to believe that's what would have happened, my guess would be that only about 1/3 of Stein's votes were for her, and 2/3 were "not Hillary."

And now, for all Stein's trouble, she gets to deal with Scott Pruitt.

Last edited:
Back