• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

[Redacted] A Non-Issue For Wake Brass

That story ran after Dino was fired.

That story ran after Wellman investigated the incident and didn't hold anybody accountable, including Dino who got an extension afterwards.

That story ran after Wellman buried it. That story ran on the Today Show BECAUSE Wellman buried it. The story was about universities turning a blind eye to sexual assault. It wasn't about Clark and Teague's culture. It was about the cover up by the university.

That story ran after Gary Clark completed his senior season as team captain and graduated from Wake.

QFT

BKF is getting absolutely killed on this thread, and I love it.

That story ran after Dino was fired.

That story ran after Wellman investigated the incident and didn't hold anybody accountable, including Dino who got an extension afterwards.

That story ran after Wellman buried it. That story ran on the Today Show BECAUSE Wellman buried it. The story was about universities turning a blind eye to sexual assault. It wasn't about Clark and Teague's culture. It was about the cover up by the university.

That story ran after Gary Clark completed his senior season as team captain and graduated from Wake.

Game, set, match to ph.

The players didn't have to be carousing the halls of the motel at 2 AM looking for sex and opening themselves to the possibilities of what actually happened, while being an official representative of the university. You would never find Bob Knight's players out in the motel hallway at 2 AM like that. This was a perfect example of lack of control on the part of Dino and his staff. And this attitude and lack of control was a prime example of what gradually sunk the morals of the program to the point that those responsible for making the decisions finally concluded that changes had to be made.
Oh, this should be good.

joker-and-here-we-go.gif

Dino was given an extension after that. You have problem with facts, bob.

Either way, the band chick was cruising. Didn't she stop by their room? What was she doing up at 2 am? Has the band director been fired?

That's because most of those people, unlike many on this board, are more concerned about the school's reputation than how many basketball games it can win by bringing in a lot of people like Dino was getting. Many of these people were disgusted by what was happening then.....like Ben Sutton's dad, whom I ran into in Costco that day and began a conversation with, not knowing at the time who he was, but only that he was an older guy wearing a WF shirt. "Criminals" was the word he used to describe some of the players, as I recall.

Edited to note that it was Sutton's Dad (who still is a pretty decent Wake donor I think, but not a guy running his own College sports network).. Mea Culpa.

If Sutton said that: It's hard to imagine things getting better. As keyed into sports as he is, he has to know that people can compete and win at Wake and he has to know some people that could realistically be better than Bzz. Rex Walters, some DBO, a coach out of retirement, somebody could be doing better here.

Last edited:
Hahaha.

Yeah, maybe I'll "outgrow my immaturity" someday. But you'll always be bitter and dead wrong.

You should go find an Indiana, West Point, or Texas Tech board. Perhaps the people there are more mature.

when two people disagree on a message board some people consider that to be "debating" and then yes someone can "win" or "lose"

as if this is a place where the conclusions we come to here actually have merit. uh, that article linked proved that we have almost NO influence.

None. Our donations are used to wine and dine the real donors. We don't matter.

The simple facts are obvious and on our side. It's scary to thing of the lengths they'll go to defend their stance. They're already giving us four years of the new Staak era to give Bz another chance. I really fear an "if Bz can't do it, nobody can" attitude.

Last edited:
our only hope is to motivate someone like woody to work really hard and make hundreds of millions of dollars and then just bankroll everything

BKF you could not be more wrong-

The new reputation of WFU nationally is,"what happened to Wake sports?"

No, the reputation nationally of Wake Forest is "Where the hell is Wake Forest?" Outside of the South, it's not very well-known.

No, the reputation nationally of Wake Forest is "Where the hell is Wake Forest?" Outside of the South, it's not very well-known.

If accurate, this is yet another reason why the President and AD should do their damn jobs and get us competitive so our fine university can get some widespread exposure.

If Wake is not interested in competing at the highest level, that is a choice to be made. Agree or not, I would respect the decision to concentrate on being solely an academic institution. However, in that case, Wake does not need to spend so much money on facilities and scholarships. The problem right now is that Wake is participating in sports without really attempting to compete, despite what is being said. There are plenty of ways to be competitive and have a good reputation. If there is so much concern that good athletes will drag down the reputation of the school with bad behavior (a really poor argument, by the way), then just stop the athletics. Focus on making Wake a great academic institution and stop pretending to compete without really trying.

BINGO! I am so frustrated with the "lack of resources" argument that I keep hearing from people, especially on TOB. If Wake is limited in resources, STOP SPENDING MILLIONS OF DOLLARS ON COACHES AND ATHLETIC DIRECTORS.

BKF, do you think [Redacted] is a good coach?

BINGO! I am so frustrated with the "lack of resources" argument that I keep hearing from people, especially on TOB. If Wake is limited in resources, STOP SPENDING MILLIONS OF DOLLARS ON COACHES AND ATHLETIC DIRECTORS.

Well said. If resources are preventing us from providing top tier academics and athletics, scrap athletics, reduce tuition, recruit top faculty, and focus on being a top tier academic institution. Relieve us of the burden of rooting for a program with no interest in winning.

Last edited:
Back